Wayward Cocktails Event Policies and Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for WayWard Cocktails Event
Don’t be a bitch,a jerk or a Season Four angel (aka a dick). Bold text
All attendees at #WaywardCocktails are expected to treat other attendees, guests, staff, and the general public with respect.
Please notify a member of the #WaywardCocktails staff and/or security team regarding behavior that is abusive, insulting or intimidating, unsafe or illegal.
- WaywardCocktails reserves the right to revoke registrations and/or remove from the premises any individual that violates this Code of Conduct, where such violation will be determined solely by agreement between Jules Wilkinson and Heidi Tandy; if such a situation arises, no refund will be provided.
Respect Analog bar staff members and the venue security team. #WaywardCocktails team members are volunteers; please remember that it is their event as much as yours. If there is any issue with a staff member’s instructions or information, please inform the check-in desk immediately.
Do not touch any person without their permission, including people who appear to be physically disabled and people wearing costumes. If you would like to take a picture with another #WaywardCocktails attendee, always ask first, and respect that person’s right to say no. Always ask first, and be respectful. Cosplay is not consent, and consent is not the absence of the word “no.” Physical and verbal harassment, violence, and sexual assault will not be tolerated.
- WaywardCocktails prohibits any actions, words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s race, sex, gender and gender identity, sexual preferences, ethnic background, age, religion, physical condition, or other legally protected characteristic. Any conduct or action, whether overt or subtle, that creates an offensive or hostile environment is prohibited and will be grounds for removal of the offender from #WaywardCocktails.
No person should be subjected to unsolicited or unwelcome sexual overtones and conduct, whether verbal or physical. Any person who witnesses or experiences harassment is encouraged to let the harasser know that his or her behavior is unwelcome and should immediately report the matter to #WaywardCocktails staff. Even if it would otherwise violate the terms of this Policy, any person who witnesses or experiences harassment is allowed to photograph or film the harasser(s) solely for the purpose of sharing said photo/video with the #WaywardCocktails staff and/or law enforcement.
- WaywardCocktails staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement and can provide escorts or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment so that they can feel safe at #WaywardCocktails.
Duplicating badges or tickets is theft and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Do not remove your wristband and give it to someone else. Nametags are not required. Those under 21 will not receive a wristband, but will have their hand stamped to allow admission to #WaywardCocktails.
Please be aware that, due to safety reasons, no handcarts (trolleys), rolling luggage, or oversized strollers (prams) are allowed at #WaywardCocktails Smoking is prohibited on site during #WaywardCocktails
No real/functional weaponry is permitted at #WaywardCocktails. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the SDCC costume weaponry policy, including inspection of said cosplay items at the Weapons Check Desk in Lobby E (location subject to change). Small amounts of salt and holy water can be carried.
What is the refund policy? Italic text Tickets are transferable (but please don’t scalp them if we sell out). We will give refunds (minus a 10% processing fee) for all attendee-levels if we are contacted within 48 hours of your registration, up until June 18; after June 18, we cannot give any refunds because we have to finalize catering numbers.
Photos and VideosItalic text We may have a photo booth - and other attendees will definitely be taking photos during #WaywardCocktails - some may be filming Vines, livecasting via Periscope, etc. Videos and photographs may end up on any social media site or website during and after the event. By attending #WaywardCocktails, you agree to having your likeness captured. Nametags will be available but are not mandatory, so your name will not be automatically associated with your image. SuperWiki agrees to only tag individuals who wear nametags, and only with the name(s) included on said nametag; all attendees are asked to do the same.
Age RestrictionsItalic text
- WaywardCocktails is meant for fans over the age of 18. We strongly advise that younger children not attend; we cannot be responsible for language or comments used throughout the day. Our age policy is as follows:
- Ages 18 and up do not require a parent or guardian to attend the event.
- Ages 14 - 17 can only attend if accompanied by an accompanying ticketed adult over the age of 21. Maximum of three children per adult.
- Under Age 14 - We do not recommend that parents bring infants or toddlers, but they are allowed; we ask that you notify parenting-coordinator Heidi by July 5 at email@example.com