The Network Upfronts are held each May, in the last week of sweeps week. Each network has a separate session in which to promote its programming for the next year, and showcase new shows. Over recent years, renewal, cancellation or pickup announcements will be made earlier.
Jared, Jensen and Misha appeared at the CW Networks Upfront presentation held at The London Hotel on Thursday (May 17) in New York, with their presentation focusing on their 14th season and upcoming 300th episode. Earlier in the day CW president Mark Pedowitz had confirmed that the Wayward Sisters spin-off would not be picked up as it was not "creatively where they wanted it to be".
- Video interview with Jared, Jensen and Misha
- Mark Pedowitz talks about Wayward Sisters by Deadline.
- Misha talks about the Season 13 finale, and the 300th episode by TVLine
- Jensen talks about his friendship with Jared by E!News
- Misha talks about Wayward Sisters by TVGuide
- Photos of Jared, Jensen and Misha on the red carpet by Just Jared
- Photos of Jared, Jensen and Misha on the red carpet by Popsugar
- Jared talks about what keeps Superantural fresh by extratv
- Jensen on playing a new character by TV Insider
- Misha Collins on the finale and Season 14 by TVLine
Jared and Jensen appeared at the CW Networks Upfront presentation in New York. With the show's Season 13 renewal already announced earlier in the year, the main news was that Season 13 Supernatural would have an animated episode set in the universe of Scooby-Doo. At Jus In Bello Italy 2017 Jared and Jensen confirmed it would be the 16th episodes, and that they along with Misha, had already recorded the dialogue for the episode at Bryan Adams studio in Vancouver.
It was also announced that Supernatural would retain its 8pm Thursday slot for the next season, although it would now be followed by Arrow.
- Photos of Jared and Jensen at the Upfronts.
In 2014, Supernatural was celebrated for its upcoming 10th season, and for Season 9 having the highest ratings in four years. Jensen, Jared and Misha all attended The CW Network's 2014 Upfronts. It started with the CW Affiliates dinner on May 14th, followed by press, the stage presentation and after party on May 15th.
CW Boss Mark Pedowitz announced that Supernatural would stay on Tuesday nights, with new Arrow spinoff Flash as its lead in. It shows how much faith the network has in Supernatural, to pair it with its hottest new property. Pedowitz said that while the proposed Supernatural spinoff Supernatural: Bloodlines “just didn’t quite get there” creatively, he as a "real brand" and was keen to revisit the idea for season 10 with the creative team of Supernatural over summer. source
CW Affiliates Dinner - May 15th
- Jared and Jensen on stage by BellucciPR
- Jared, Misha and Jensen by @Chico6
- Misha and Jensen by #jimmydepaul
CW Upfronts - May16th
- Sotrified Pictures and news from the the 2014 Upfronts
- Video of Jared talking about his relationship with Jensen
- Sizzle reel for the CW's Fall Lineup
WARNING - contain spoielrs for the Season 9 finale
- Misha on the Season finale by IGN
- Misha on a musical episode and more by TVFanatic
- Jensen on the Pilot, the Finale and directing in Season 10 by TV Fanatic
- Jensen on Dean in the finale by IGN
- Jared on the finale by TV Fanatic
- Jared on Sam in the finale and the show's longevity by IGN
Its been six years since Supernatural last featured at the Upfronts...
It was announced that Supernatural would move to Wednesday nights at 9pm after the new series "Arrow". The CW fall season will start in October for all shows, and there will be fewer breaks during the season. source.
Network boss Mark Pedowitz said of Supernatural's future that they were not looking at Season 8 “as the final year in any way, shape or form.” source
- Jared with Scott Porter from Heart of Dixie by @MattMitovich
- Jared by @TVGuideMagazine
- Jensen by @RobynRossTVG
- Jensen by @TVGuideMagazine
- Jared and Stephen Amell by @EricIGN
- Jensen by @EWSandraG
- Jared and Jensen by @EricIGN
- Interview with Jensen by Laura Prudom of Huffington Post
- Mark Pedowitz on Supernatural's future.
- HQ pics of Jensen
- HQ pics of Jared
- HQ pics of Jared and Jensen
- Pics of Jared and Jensen by Buzzfocus
- HQ pics of Jared
- J2 leaving the Upfronts, J2, Jared, Jensen, Jensen by teppoe
- Jensen at Tribune broadcast party
- Jensen with Stephen Amell by Stephen Amell
- Video interview with Jared by zap2it
- Eonline video interview with Jensen
- US Magazine video interview with Jensen
- Jared and Jensen talk the finale in a video by tvline
- Jared talks about fatherhood by thinsider
- Jared and Jensen talks the finale, and Season 8 by TV Guide
A tense wait for fans as the finale had aired on May 4th, with no word as to whether the show would be picked up by the new CW network, resulting from the merger of The WB and UPN. Supernatural was confirmed at the Upfronts, to air on Thursdays on The CW.
- Jared and Jensen joke around with Michael Rosenbaum
- Jensen comments on the WWE
- Jared and Jensen talk about whats to come on Season 2
- Jared and Jensen on stage with Tom Welling
- Upfront after party pics
- WB Upfront show promo including Supernatural
- Upfront - Jensen arrival pic gallery
- Upfront after party Jensen pics