The Family Business
Jensen Ackles along with Danneel, his brother-in-law Gino Graul and his parents-in-law Ed and Debby Graul have started the Family Business Beer Co. in Dripping Springs, just outside Austin, Texas. The name is both a reference to it being a family business, and a shout-out to Supernatural where "family business" is how the Winchesters refer to hunting. In 1.02 Wendigo, Dean refers to their mission as "Saving people; hunting things. The family business."
The brewery has been purpose built and it will be a destination brewery offering a range of beers, live music, outdoor games and food trucks. Brewer Nate Seale is on board to oversee the brews which will range from IPAs to barrel-aged stouts. Visitors in the tasting room will be able to watch the brewing process in action through interior windows. Their is a stage for live music and food is provided by a Southern-style food truck owned by “Duck Dynasty” stars Jep and Jessica Robertson.
On 27th August, the The Family Business Brew Company owned by Jensen, Danneel and her brother Gino set up a flood and hurricane relief in partnership with Random Acts. The Ackles Family contributed $50k to the effort. In less than 48 hours over $200,000 had been raised. As of 1st September $358,000 had been raised. After a week the project teamed with the CW Network, and the stars of other shows began promoting the fundraiser. The fundraiser expanded to provide support to those communities affected by Hurricane Irma and Maria.
The brewery will officially open on 10th January 2017.
- ‘Supernatural’ Actor Jensen Ackles Opens Texas Brewery by Eater Austin
- Supernatural’ star’s Texas Hill Country brewery is about to open by Austin360
- Family Business website
- Family Business merchandise
- Family Business Facebook
- ‘Supernatural’ star is opening a brewery in the Texas Hill Country in Austin360
- Jensen's brother-in-law talks to a local news program about [[The Family Business and gives a tour of the brewpub to be opened in October 2017.