Teen Choice Awards
The Teen Choice Awards is an awards show presented annually by FOX in the United States and by Global TV in Canada. The program rewards achievements in across music, movies, sports, and television, as voted on by teenagers aged 12-21 through ballots in magazines and online. The winners receive awards in the form of decorated surfboards. it includes a number of non-traditional awards such as Best Movie Scream.
Jared Padalecki owes his career start to the TCAs, after he won Fox TV's 1999 "Claim to Fame Contest" which meant he subsequently appeared at the Teen Choice Awards, where he met his current manager. He was also nominated for Choice Movie Breakout Performance (Male) for "House of Wax" (2005) and Choice TV Actor: Drama for "Gilmore Girls" (2002). He has also presented awards at these and other ceremonies.
- 2006: Supernatural was nominated as TV - Choice Breakout Show. Jensen was nominated for Choice TV Breakout Star for "Supernatural" in 2006. In 2006 he presented the Teen Choice Awards for "Best Grills."
- 2007: Jared was nominated for Choice TV Actor: Drama for "Supernatural" (2007),
- 2010: Supernatural was nominated for, but did not win, in the Choice TV show category. Source.
- 2011: Jared and Supernatural were nominated for Best SciFi Actor and SciFi Show respectively but lost to Ian Somerhalder and The Vampire Diaries.
- 2012: Jared and Jensen were nominated for Best SciFi Actor and Supernatural for SciFi Show