I'm not sure that putting the James Dean info at the top of the article is the best option, but it matches how similar info is in other character pages. IsaacSapphire 01:36, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
Dude! Of course it is. It wouldn't be fair to leave it out.
5.05 did rather emphasize the James Dean thing in my mind, but as it's been removed once before, I won't be the one to put it back. PS: don't forget to sign your talk notes with four of these things ~ IsaacSapphire 00:03, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
is dean married?
In ALL episodes Dean has a WEDDING ring on his hand. Is he married? Or is it the ring that Jensen is married to Danneel ? Then way doesn't he take it off when he is rolling? And how did not the directors saw the ring?
- It's not a wedding ring. Jensen didn't marry Danneel till after filming wrapped on season five. And the ring's on Dean's right hand, and it disappears around—am I remembering right that it's there in Curious Case but not in Changing Channels? Anyway, it vanishes partway through season five. And Jensen informed us at some point that Dean only had it to open beer bottles with, and the ring's been beat all to hell and there are screw-cap beer bottles, so now it's gone. (Probably got turned into a silver bullet.) And see above where IsaacSapphire said to sign your comments? Do that, please. Like this: ~~~~ —EllieMurasaki 17:20, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
Dean allergic to shellfish?
In the episode Red Sky At Morning, Dean says that "his wife" (Bela) has a severe shellfish allergy (as an excuse for her 'fainting') not himself, which the Dean Winchester page claims right ks for the catch! --Missyjack 05:07, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
Ability to see fairies?
Hey! Just wondering whether the info, that now Dean is able to see fairies (they are invisible to humans usually) - as he was dragged over to their side - should be added to Dean's Background? I personally think it counts as an ability now. - Scyllaya 16:45 14 January 2011
- That's interesting, it is an ability that distinguishes him. I would vote for its addition. --MisterGlass 15:58, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
A couple of things in Dean's background: To add or not to add?
I have been reading John's journal, and there's a couple of things that I think should be added to Dean's background because they explain some of his baseline character traits a little better (And why he found out about the supernatural at a younger age than Sam). These are:
- He saw John shoot a shapeshifter at the age of four (November 20th 1983)
- There were 4 hunters after Sam in 1991. John killed three of them, but the fourth (and it sounds like he's the ringleader) was killed by a twelve year old Dean. (April 20th)
We also get a date for Dean's first shooting lesson which he mentions in canon: November 14, 1985.
The main reason I'm hesitating over adding these is because I'm not sure if the journal that was published would be counted as 'true' canon, seeing as those two incidents aren't mentioned in the series. what do you guys think? -ceth
- As far as I know, Kripke has stated the comics, books, and tie-in novels are -not- canon. Granted, John's Journal is an interesting read, but if you've read the Origins comics and Rising Son comics, you can see where the author pulled his facts. But you can cite the books and various sources you pulled the lesser-known tidbits from. Check out Super-wiki:Citation for more info on how to do that. As long as you have a source, you can add whatever you see fit. --Comedicdrama (talk) 16:30, 14 July 2012 (PDT)