TV and Movie Quotes (Season 3)
TV and movie references spoken by Sam or Dean or in their presence.
Writer: Eric Kripke
- Dean: It’s weird man, I mean the night the Devil's Gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?
- Dean: Seventeen. You’d think it’d be Apocalypse Now. It’s been five days and bupkis.
- Bobby: So where's your brother?
- Sam: Polling the electorate.
On The Simpsons, the local cops joke that Mayor "Diamond Joe" Quimby is "polling the electorate" whenever he meets an attractive young woman for a motel-room tryst.
- Dean: What’s in the box? (pause) Brad Pitt? Seven? No?
Se7en directed by Fight Club’s David Fincher, it is dark movie about serial killer who bases each murder on a gruesome interpretation of the seven deadly sins. His final kill is based on his envy of detective (Brad Pitt) and his wife. And no. I am not going to tell you what’s in the box!
Writer: Eric Kripke
- Dean: Gumby girl... Does that make me Pokey?
- Gumby was a stop-motion/claymation kids' show. Being made of plasticine, Gumby was exceedingly flexible. His best friend was a red plasticine horse named "Pokey"
- Ruby: "Doesn't change the fact that you're special, in that Anthony Michael Hall ESP vision kind of way."
- Anthony Michael Hall played Johnny Smith in The Dead Zone, a man who could see the future by touching someone. The show is based on a novel by Stephen King.
Writer: Ben Edlund
- Dean: Don’t worry, Bobby will find a way to break it. Until then I say we hit Vegas. Pull a little Rain Man. You can be Rain Man.
Rain Man was a 1988 movie starring Tom Cruise as Charlie with Dustin Hoffman as his autistic-savant brother, Raymond. During the film, Charlie uses Raymond's mathematical genius to win at the casino's in Vegas.
- Dean: What?
- Sam: I lost my shoe.
- Dean: I'm Batman!
- Sam: Yeah. You're Batman.
Batman a.k.a. The Caped Crusader is a superhero created by DC comics in 1939. His secret identity is as millionaire Bruce Wayne. Unlike many superheroes, he does not possess any special powers, but is renowned for his physical abilities and particularly his use of gadgets and technology. Batman also featured in a 1960s camp pop TV series, and a series of blockbuster movies.
- Bela: Thanks very much. I'm out one and a half million, and on the bad side of a very powerful, fairly psychotic buyer.
Writers: Robert Singer and Jeremy Carver
- Casey: Sure. You Winchester boys are famous. Not Lohan famous,but,you know...
A reference to the actress who often features in the tabloids, Lindsay Lohan