Supernatural Scrapbook Jan-June 2015
Supernatural has been renewed for an 11th Season! At the Television Critics Association 2015 Winter Tour, CW President Mark Pedowitz announced the renewal along with that of the other 7 primetime scripted shows. Also, as of March 18th, Supernatural will return to Wednesday nights, following "Arrow".
Mark Pedowitz also said the network is still interested in a spinoff of Supernatural. "Ive been pretty outspoken in wanting another Supernatural spinoff. It's really in Jeremy Carver, Eric Kripke and Bob Singer's court. Hopefully next year, since we just renewed the show, they will come up with something we can use" Pedowitz notes that Carver's focus this season is on THIS SEASON of #Supernatural, not creating a new show. Source.
- Storified tweets from the cast and crew celebrating the series renewal.
- Renewal announcement in variety
- Livetweets from Mark Pedowitz panel by HitFix
- Supernatural returns to Wednesday night by TVline
- Supernatural moves to Wednesday by EOnline
CONGRATULATIONS to Misha Collins for winning Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor at the People's Choice Award on the 8th of January. It was hard won by fans as Misha was not listed on the choice of actors to automatically vote for nomination and his name had to be written on the nominating form.
After the win, Misha tweeted "Wait, I won a PCA? WTF? Well, i'm back to thinking this vote was rigged. I'm not even an actor (or a sci-fi/fantasy.) PS: Thank you guys."
- Misha's mum on his win
At The Movies
It's a gathering of Supernatural alumni as Guy Bee will direct Jim Beaver (Bobby Singer), Kim Rhodes (Jody Mills), Julie McNiven (Anna Milton) and Amy Gumenick (Young Mary Winchester) in a movie called The Three Furies.
- On 15th May, Jared has announced that he was heading home from Europe and wouldn't be attending Jus In Bello Italy 2015, and asked for support from the fandom. , . Many of Jared's colleagues and friends, as well as fans, posted messages of support. You can read some of them here source. At the Convention Jensen reported that Jared was physically and emotionally exhausted, and was now home with his family.
Fans left messages of support for Jared on his Facebook page or twitter. Fans have also started projects to collect messages of support:
- An e-card
- A collection of messages
- A blog where you can leave stories of how Jared has helped you in your own struggle
- Online photo album of people doing things that make them feel better when they are down
"Jared wanted everyone to know he loves meeting his fans around the world and was very upset at having to cancel his trips to Rome and Australia. Jared has pushed himself to his limits and is suffering from exhaustion. His SPN family is so important to him, and he asks that they Always Keep Fighting. At this time he needs to be home with his family. He's doing better already and is excited about shooting Supernatural season 11 this July. For now he's taking a break, but is so appreciative of his fans, and sees and feels their love and support."
On 18th May, Jared tweeted "Thank you, from the bottom of my heart and soul, for your love and support. It's going to good use. All of my love and #AlwaysKeepFighting."
- Jared took part in a Gilmore Girl's Reunion at the ATX Festival in Austin last weekend. For pictures and videos from the event check out this post by sweetondean.
- Check out the the Supernatural parody by The Hillywood Show, starring Hilly and Hannah Hindi. It has now had over 3 million views! For more on the parody check out our entry at The Hillywood Supernatural Parody.
- Ex-Supernatural showrunner and writer Sera Gamble has had her adaptation of Lev Grossman's book The Magicians, picked up for a series order by the SyFy network.
- Jared talks about taking time out with MTV
- Jared on taking a break with USA Magazine
- Jensen talks about raising mental health awareness plus the Supernatural Finale with People
- Richard Speight and Rob Benedict talk Kings of Con and Tough Mudders with Fangasm.
- Feature on Misha in Real Teen Magazine
- Jensen talks about his charity campaign and Dean in Season 10 with Variety
- Misha on becoming a fan favourite on Supernatural with ETOnline
- Why Supernatural Star Misha Collins Wants to Build a School in Nicaragua (and What's Next for Castiel) from People Magazine
- Inside the Padalecki home with People Magazine
- Writer Robbie Thompson appeared on the Geek and Sundry show The Pull talking about Silk, Supernatural and his favourite comics.
- Interview with Megan Padalecki - Jared's sister - about her book Big Mo by Winchesterbros