Supernatural: Carved in Flesh
Supernatural: Carved in Flesh by Tim Waggoner is the twelfth novel tie-in for Supernatural. It was published April 16, 2013 by Titan Books and is 320 pages in length.
Reported sightings of a hellish hound and the discovery of newly dead desiccated corpses bring Sam and Dean Winchester to Brennan, Ohio. But when they catch the monster canine it turns out to be "Frankenmutt"; a reanimated patchwork of pieces from separate dogs.
Soon the brothers are on a trail that leads from mad scientists and biotechnology to a centuries-old alchemists, walking corpses, and an ancient and malevolent power.
- Historian's Note - This novel takes place during season seven, between "Time After Time" and "The Slice Girls."
- At one point near the end, an unseen voice offers a suggestion to Sam that helps stop the bad guys. It is unclear if this is meant to be Hallucifer or Bobby Singer's ghost.
- Review of Carved in Flesh by Fresh from the...
- Notes in the Margin: Supernatural Novel "Carved in Flesh" Book Review by Nightsky for The Winchester Family Business, Dec 31. 2013.
- Cure For Hellatus: "Carved In Flesh" - A Supernatural Novel - Book Review by Nate Winchester for The Winchester Family Business, August 28, 2013.