|Powers and Abilities|| |
|Episode(s)||7.18 Party On, Garth|
Apparently, you can harness the will of a shojo with the right spell box. Then you basically have an attack dog that you can sic on whatever sort of personal revenge mission you want.
A shojo (or shōjō) is a sea spirit with a fondness for alcohol, and in the past could be seen sulking around breweries in Japan. It can be harnessed to carry out an individual's desires by use of a spell box. Shojo's appear as pale young women with dark and sunken like eyes.
Powers and abilities
- Claws – Shojo's have sharp claws which they use to disembowel their victims.
- Invisibility – The Shojo can only be seen when the person is drunk.
- Superhuman strength – A shojo can physically throw a grown man across a room.
- Telekinetic – Can move objects with a thought.
- Alcohol – Mass consumption of alcohol will allow a person to see a shojo, however being in an inebriated state can be just as harmful against a shojo than being sober.
- Blessed katana – Stabbing a shoho with a samurai sword consecrated by a Shinto blessing is the only method to stop them.
Jim McAnn, Randy Baxter and Dale Lampert were the founders the MidWestern Brewery Company, makers of Thighslapper Premium Ale. When Jim and Randy decide to sell the Brewery to large distributor, overriding Dale's wishes he is distraught. He acquires a shojo trapped in a saki bottle inside a spell box inscribed with "what you too, will be taken from you." He then kills himself.
The shojo attacks and kills first Trevor McAnn, his brother Ray and then Lillian. After finding the spell box that the saki was delivered in, a local Japanese man translates the writing on the box, and tells them it says it contained a shojo. The translation of the Japanese text on the website Sam looks up to research the shojo translates the word as meaning heavy drinker or orangutan. Actually "shōjō" [猩々｜猩猩] is a kind of Japanese sea spirit with red face and hair and a fondness for alcohol. It's the Japanese word for the Malay word Orangutan, meaning "person of the forest."
The website informs the hunters of how to kill a shojo -- using a samurai sword consecrated by a Shinto blessing. Dean finds a sword in a pawn shop, and gets the Japanese guy who helped him early to bless it. The shojo attacks Randy Baxter's son Lee at the brewery. She knocks out Garth and Sam as they try and protect Lee, but Dean dispatches her with the samurai sword.
- Angela Uyeda portrayed the Shojo.