Difference between revisions of "Season 4 DVD and Blu-ray"
Revision as of 21:54, 7 March 2011
This product contains six discs in which four episodes are documented within each individual disc. This DVD collection became available through its release on September 1st 2009.
- Order DVD at Amazon
- Order Blu-ray at Amazon
- Immediately after the death of Kim Manners there was a rumour that the idea of a tribute to Kim Manners to be included.
- How to find the Easter Eggs
- Commentaries were Jeremy Carver and Eric Kripke on 4.03 In The Beginning, Sera Gamble and Robert Singer on 4.21 When The Levee Breaks, and Eric Kripke on 4.22 Lucifer Rising
Resurrection. After enduring unspeakable torture, Dean escapes from Hell, rescued by an all-powerful creature he's never seen before - an Angel - a warrior of God who recruits Sam and Dean into Heaven's battle against Hell. And there are whispers that a certain fallen angel will soon be freed from his prison deep in Hell: Lucifer. If Sam and Dean can't stop it - if Lucifer walks free - he'll bring on the Apocalypse.Meanwhile, the Winchester Brothers reunite and hit the road, battling the supernatural wherever they go. They encounter demons, spirits, Dracula himself and even a drunk, heavily armed 7-foot-tall teddy bear. All the while, the ultimate war draws them into its horror throughout this enthralling 22-Episode Season Four. Caught between Heaven and Hell, between God and the Devil, the Winchester brothers must battle for the future of humankind.
Both DVD and Blu-ray arrive day-and-date on September 1st, each running 1152 minutes and including every episode from the show's fourth year, plus the following Bonus Material: "The Mythologies of Supernatural: From Heaven to Hell" (described as a 3-Section Featurette Gallery Bridging Heaven, Purgatory and Hell to Examine Key Mythological Precepts); Creator Commentary on 3 Key Episodes; Extended/Unaired Scenes; and a Gag Reel.
The 6-disc standard DVD version costs $59.98 SRP, and is presented in widescreen video. Audio options are in English Dolby Surround 5.1 and Portuguese Stereo 2.0 tracks. Subtitles are available in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Chinese and Thai.
The high-def 1080p widescreen Blu-ray version comes on 4 "BD-50" discs at $79.98 SRP. Soundtrack options are in English Dolby Surround 5.1, French 2.0 Stereo and Japanese Stereo as well. There are also French and Japanese subtitles listed, too. The Uk dvd release came out in two volumes.
Main Characters of Season 4
Minor Characters of Season 4
Important Definitions of Season 4
- Angels - are celestial beings created by God; some are evil while others express compassion to humans.
- Demons - are mischievous, malevolent, evil incorporeal beings created by Lucifer; most of them take part in breaking the 66 Seals that bind their creator to a Cage.
- The 66 Seals - are special attachments made by God, and are used to secure the mouth of Lucifer's Cage; when they break, he'll be set free.
Options Available in Season 4 DVD
The Season 4 DVD Collection operates using multiple features, such as Languages, Subtitles, and more.
The Play feature runs and plays the disc.
This feature contains a list of four episodes titles, once clicked, the viewer can watch the episode.
The Subtitle feature is optional and is presented for the hearing impaired.