Scripts and Casting Sides
While we have Transcripts of all aired episodes, scripts provide invaluable insights into the writing of the episode including character notes, stage directions and more. The following are links to copies of scripts and casting sides for Supernatural. Most of the copies of scripts have been obtained when they have been auctioned and then shared with the SuperWiki and fandom.
If you are interested in helping obtain scripts to share with fandom, please check out SPN Script Hunt on Tumblr. This wonderful group of fans coordinates on auction bidding. They accept donations from fans to help with the purchase of scripts. If you already have a script or casting side to share you can contact email@example.com
Casting sides are scenes that are provided to actors for their auditions. They are usually scenes taken from a draft script or sometimes scenes written specifically for the audition. For these reasons they may never have appeared in an episode, or may vary from an aired scene.
- Writer's Draft
- Studio Draft
- Network Draft
- Production Draft (then different color drafts for prod. revisions)
Numbers on scripts refer to the order in which thy were shot. These sometimes vary from the order in which they were aired (which the SuperWiki episode numbers refer to).
Colours refer to the order of revisions of a script. For Supernatural they are:
- Production Draft (White)
- Supernatural pitch August 30, 2004 - This was Kripke's pitch for Supernatural describing the main characters and concept and the tone and themes of the series. The family is called the Harrisons, and Sam and Dean grew up with relatives after their mother was killed in a car accident that their father claimed was caused something evil.
- A substantially different draft of the script for the Pilot based on the original pitch and featuring the Harrisons.
- Network Arenas June 3 2005. An overview of the first five episodes of season one.
- 1.13 Route 666
- 1.14 Nightmare
- 1.15 The Benders
- 1.17 Hell House
- 1.18 Something Wicked
- 1.20 Dead Man's Blood
- 2.02 Everybody Loves a Clown
- These script excerpts refer to Alex and Miles, later renamed as Jo Harvelle and Ash. Jo and Dean as having sexual interest in each other. Jo's role was revised to have more of a younger sibling relationship with Dean.
- 2.03 Bloodlust
- 2.08 Crossroad Blues
- 2.09 Croatoan
- 2.12 Nightshifter
- 2.15 Tall Tales
- 2.19 Folsom Prison Blues
- 2.21 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part One
- 3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock
- 3.04 Sin City
- 3.05 Bedtime Stories
- 3.08 A Very Supernatural Christmas
- 3.09 Malleus Maleficarum
- 3.10 Dream a Little Dream of Me
- 3.12 Jus in Bello
- 3.15 Time Is on My Side
- 3.16 No Rest for the Wicked
- 4.01 Lazarus Rising
- 4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
- 4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester script (Production Draft) NEW!
- 4.03 In the Beginning
- 4.04 Metamorphosis
- 4.06 Yellow Fever
- 4.07 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
- 4.11 Family Remains
- 4.12 Criss Angel Is a Douchebag and 4.14 Sex and Violence
- 4.13 After School Special
- 5.09 The Real Ghostbusters
- The Real Ghostbuster's Script with Director's notes (Production Draft)
- 5.11 Sam, Interrupted
- Sam Interrupted Script (Blue Pages, One Line Schedule, Day of Days, Production Draft)
- 11.20 Don't Call Me Shurley
- 12.07 Rock Never Dies
- 13.06 Tombstone
- 13.08 The Scorpion and the Frog
- 14.01 Stranger in a Strange Land
- 14.05 Nightmare Logic
- *Both 15.19 and 15.20 scripts came from someone claiming to have been the person who did the closed captions for the show in Russia. There are some indications that they possibly may not be authentic, but this has not been confirmed.