When I joined the show and watched the first six seasons I was shocked at how emotional the story was and how I related it to emotionally. I’m a big nerd. I came for the monsters, but I stayed for the drama. So it’s certainly a challenge to come up with a new take on a monster, but with these two characters as portrayed by these two actors it’s an endless well to draw from.
– Robbie Thompson, Source
- 7.06 Slash Fiction
- 7.12 Time After Time
- 7.20 The Girl with the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo
- 8.04 Bitten
- 8.11 LARP and the Real Girl
- 8.17 Goodbye Stranger
- 8.20 Pac-Man Fever
- 9.04 Slumber Party
- 9.11 First Born
- 9.18 Meta Fiction
- 10.05 Fan Fiction
- 10.11 There's No Place Like Home
- 10.18 Book of the Damned
- 10.20 Angel Heart
- 11.04 Baby
- 11.11 Into the Mystic
- 11.16 Safe House
Working in TV has all just been an elaborate plan to get into comics! Thanks to my older brother Michael, I’ve been a life-long comic book fan, and I’m very passionate about the medium. I love stories that are told visually, and comics are such a unique and beautiful art-form.
– Robbie Thompson, Source
Robbie Thompson's entry into the Marvel universe began with the steampunk inspired Lady Spider, a short story in the Spider-Verse #1 anthology.
His other titles for Marvel are:
On May 2014 it was announced that Thompson also had a project in development with TNT based on Stephen King's Firestarter. It is produced by James Middleton (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Jaime Paglia (Eureka) and Thompson.
- The drama centers on the insidious agency responsible for kidnapping and attempting to exploit the psychokinetic powers of a young girl named Charlie McGee in the original story. Now it’s 20 years later and Charlie has been tracked down by one of The Shop’s former members, Henry Talbot, who introduces her to a group of people with their own unique abilities. source From the announcement: “It turns out The Shop is very much alive, bigger and badder than ever, and its dark experiments are unleashing terrifying new entities on the world. It’s now up to Talbot, Charlie and the rest of the team to find The Shop and destroy it for good.”
Robbie in Fandom
- @rthompson1138 on Twitter
- Interview with Comic Book Resources
- Storified tweets from Robbie and Adam Glass's trip to the Vancouver set in February 2013.
- Robbie Thompson answers fan questions about 8.11 LARP and the Real Girl.
- Failed SPN Teasers
- Profile on Robbie at The Winchester Family Business
- Audio interview with Robbie and Adam Glass at Leaky Con in 2014
- Robbie talks about his steam punk Lady Spider by comic book resources
- Robbie talks about Silk by comic book resources
- Writer Robbie Thompson's Twitter Hellatus Diary
- Review of Lady Spider by IGN