- 1 Things That Can Resurrect
- 2 Episodes
- 2.1 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part Two
- 2.2 3.11 Mystery Spot
- 2.3 4.01 Lazarus Rising
- 2.4 4.08 Wishful Thinking
- 2.5 5.01 Sympathy for the Devil
- 2.6 5.13 The Song Remains The Same
- 2.7 5.16 Dark Side of the Moon
- 2.8 5.18 Point of No Return
- 2.9 5.22 Swan Song
- 2.10 6.11 Appointment in Samarra
- 2.11 9.03 I'm No Angel
- 2.12 9.04 Slumber Party
- 2.13 9.23 Do You Believe in Miracles?
- 2.14 11.17 Red Meat
- 2.15 11.18 Hell's Angel
- 2.16 11.23 Alpha and Omega
- 2.17 12.09 First Blood
- 2.18 12.19 The Future
- 2.19 13.04 The Big Empty
- 2.20 13.05 Advanced Thanatology
- 2.21 13.07 War of the Worlds
- 2.22 13.12 Various & Sundry Villains
- 2.23 13.21 Beat the Devil
- 2.24 13.23 Let the Good Times Roll
- 3 See also
Things That Can Resurrect
- Angels - Angels have the ability to resurrect the dead, however healing and resurrection appear to be tied to Heaven, and thus an angel can be cut off from using those abilities. Higher orders of angels such as archangels and seraphim can resurrect humans without connection to the Host of Heaven.
- Cosmic Entity - It can bring back any inhabitants of it's realm, the Empty.
- The Darkness - Like her brother, the Darkness is capable of resurrecting beings at will.
- Death - As a rule, Death does not bring people back. But, under certain situations an exception can be made.
- God - God can resurrect humans and angels at will. However, archangels, being created from pure primordial creation take more time to resurrect.
- Reapers - While antithetical to their purpose, reapers have the ability to heal and resurrect, though they have only been known to perform such acts under duress.
- Deals and pacts - Making deals with demons can bring the dead back the life.
- Mark of Cain - Possessors of the Mark will be brought back upon death and turned into demons.
- Resurrection charm - People who bear this charm can come back to life, however the charm requires recharging after any use.
- Tiamat Talisman - If the owner of the coin takes it out of it's well, all wishes will be undone, including any wishes to kill someone.
In a competition between the Special Children set up by Azazel, Sam is killed by Jake Talley. A distraught Dean makes a deal with a Crossroads Demon to bring Sam back to life, selling his soul for one year instead of the standard ten years to being Sam back.
To reverse all wishes of a Tiamat Coin, Sam and Dean confront it's owner, Wes Mondale. His lover, Hope Lynn Casey who is with Wes due to the coin, overhears their conversation and realizes that if the spell in broken her love for Wes will be gone. To try to save there relationship, she wishes Sam dead, who dies of lighting. Wes realizing what he has done, removes the coin and Sam is brought back to life.
After Sam and Dean are shot and killed by Walt and Roy, they meet an angel in Heaven named Joshua, who tells them of their many prior deaths and how this time he has been given instruction for Sam and Dean to remember before sending them back to earth in their restored bodies.
Realizing that Dean will not become Michael's vessel, the angels move to a plan B and resurrect Sam and Dean's half-brother Adam Milligan. However, Castiel learns of this and goes to the spot of Adam's funeral pyre where he kills two angels and brings the resurrected Adam back to Bobby's.
After throwing a Molotov cocktail of holy oil at Michael to give Dean time to reach Sam, Lucifer snaps his fingers and takes Castiel apart at a sub-atomic level. After Sam regains control of his body and jumps into the Cage with Michael, Castiel is brought back by God, having also been upgraded to a seraphim. Before departing, he heals Dean of his wounds and resurrects Bobby.
When Charlie is killed by the Wicked Witch of the West's magic, she is brought back by Ezekiel.
Dean, empowered by the Mark of Cain, believes he can take on the angel Metatron. The two fight, and Dean is stabbed through the heart with an angel blade. The Mark, unwilling to let it's wielder die, brings Dean back as as demon.
Dean takes an overdose and dies so that he can beg Billie the reaper bring Sam back to life, however, Dean learns from Billie that Sam is not dead, and when she prepares to take Dean to the Empty; Dr. Kessler is able to resuscitate him a few minutes later.
While healing Amara, Rowena reveals to her that after Lucifer snapped her neck, a casket of powerful magic she had sewn into her thigh was activated once her life-force began ebbing. As the magic worked its way through her body, it repaired her broken neck, bringing her back to life.
Imprisoned in a government black site for six weeks, Sam and Dean realize there is no escape. Believing themselves to be dead anyway, they call on Billie and strike a deal to temporarily die and be brought back to life so they can escape confinement, and at midnight a Winchester must die. When Mary offers to take their place in the deal, Billie is killed before she could collect by Castiel.
When Kelly Kline decides to kill herself rather than let her child be used as a tool of destruction. She slits her wrists in a bathtub, but is resurrected by her unborn child.
When Dean temporarily kills himself to find where the bodies of Dr. Avery Meadows victims, he is confronted by Billie, who reveals herself as the new incarnation of Death. After conversing in Death's Reading Room about Sam and Dean's place in the universe, Dean is brought back to life by Billie.
After being found out by the Winchesters, Arthur Ketch tells the brothers how he came to still be alive after being shot in the head. Years ago the British Men of Letters captured Rowena, and during her interrogation, Ketch learned of the resurrection charm. He struck a deal with Rowena, having the charm sewed into his body in exchange for letting her escape. Resurrecting soon after his body was dumped, Ketch went into hiding, as the British Men of Letters frown on desertion. He also began searching for Rowena, explaining that once the charm is used, it must be recharged before it can work again.
Rowena tells the Winchesters that after Lucifer burned her alive, the healing process took a long time. Rather than risk being murdered by Lucifer again, and undergo the same plodding healing process, Rowena is seeking the Black Grimoire to lift the magical bindings placed on her by the Grand Coven so that she can protect herself.
When Sam is killed by vampires from Apocalypse World, he was "lifted from the darkness" by Lucifer, who brought him back to make a deal. In exchange for his life, Lucifer wanted Sam to help him meet his son, threatening Sam by claiming he will release the horde of vampires he is keeping at bay onto the younger Winchester.
After learning of Maggie's death, a distraught Jack reconnects with Lucifer and agrees to go with him to explore the universe. But before they leave, Jack forces his father to resurrect Maggie. A hesitant Lucifer warns Jack that people can come back different, but eventually acquiescences, bringing Maggie back to life.