Promax/BDA is the worldwide association of entertainment marketers, promoters and designers, representing television stations and major broadcast and cable networks from the U.S. as well as members in 70 countries.
On June 20, 2007 The CW Network's marketing team won 19 honors during the annual Promax/BDA 2007 Promotion and Marketing Awards. The Free to Be campaign won a number of awards as did Supernatural for the following:
- Drama Program Promotion - "Supernatural" "Tunnel" :30 (GOLD)
- Editing - "Supernatural" "Infected" :30 (GOLD)
- Sound Design - "Supernatural" "Tunnel" - Sound :30 (GOLD)
- Use of Library Music for a Promos - "Supernatural" "Cut You Down" - Music :30 (GOLD)
- Drama Program Promotion - "Supernatural" "Cut You Down" :30 (SILVER)
- Cut You Down was a promo clip set to Johnny Cash's "Cut you Down" which was released over the Christmas hiatus in the lead-up to the screening of 2.10 Hunted on January 11, 2007. Produced in black and white, and set to the Johnny Cash's "Cut you down", it contained scenes from upcoming episodes 2.10 Hunted, 2.11 Playthings, 2.12 Nightshifter and 2.13 Houses of the Holy.
- Promax/BDA also sponsor the Making the Cut competition where students made an official promo for Supernatural.