Your Bible gets more wrong than it does right.
Jesus is mentioned rarely in Supernatural, and when he is, he is sometimes described as a man not a deity. Jesus is held responsible for Christianity, a religion that supplanted many earlier religions and deities.
Madge and Edward Carrigan are pagan gods disguised as a suburban couple. They blame Christianity for their marginalization.
- Edward Carrigan: All of a sudden, this Jesus character is the hot new thing in town. All of a sudden, our – our altars are being burned down, and we’re being hunted down like common monsters.
- Eve: You do know that Jesus was just a man.
Vesta blames Jesus and Christianity for the diminishing in her prominence.
- Vesta: It only got pathetic when I started having to do it myself... because of the hippy from Bethlehem. Before him they practically threw virgins at me, and now...
- Gabriel: Hey what's up shorties? Remember me? The guy who died for your sins? No, not the cat with the beard and the sandals, the hot one.
- Sam: There's a homeless encampment. The way the folks talking he's got them convinced he's some kind of new Jesus or something.
Jesus in Lore
Jesus is held to be a manifestation of God as a human. The religion of Christianity is centered on belief that his death provided atonement for sin. He may have been an actual historical figure, a Jewish teacher and political leader who lived in Palestine. Jesus is held to be a prophet in both the Judaic and Islamic religions.