My favorite thing about working on the show ... is getting to write about cryptozoological creatures. The show has wonderful characters in Sam and Dean, plus I love writing about monsters and scary stories.
– Jenny Klein, Source
Jenny Klein started as the writers' assistant on Supernatural in March 2008. In season five, Klein received a story credit along with Sera Gamble for "The Curious Case of Dean Winchester," she would also receiving another "story by" credit in season six with Brett Matthews for "Caged Heat." Klein would then co-write the season seven episode "Out with the Old" with Robert Singer and in season eight get her first solo writing credit for "Torn and Frayed." In season nine, Klein would be promoted to staff writer as well as an executive story editor. Klein's season eleven episode, "Just My Imagination" was nominated for the 2016 Hugo Awards in the "Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form" category.
On May 16, 2016, Jenny announced that season eleven would be her last on Supernatural, having moved on to writing and co-producing for Marvel's Jessica Jones as well as writing and producing another Marvel TV series, Cloak & Dagger. Jenny was also an associate producer on Ben Edlund's revival of The Tick.
- 5.07 The Curious Case of Dean Winchester with Sera Gamble (story)
- 6.10 Caged Heat with Brett Matthews (story)
- 7.16 Out with the Old with Robert Singer
- 8.10 Torn and Frayed
- 9.08 Rock and a Hard Place
- 9.15 #thinman
- 10.08 Hibbing 911 with Phil Sgriccia (story)
- 10.15 The Things They Carried
- 11.08 Just My Imagination
- Jenny wrote and performed improve for the Second City and Upright Citizen's Brigade, and was a member of a sketch comedy troupe called the Big Game Hunters.
- Jenny Klein, a character named after Jenny, appeared in 7.05 Shut Up, Dr. Phil, and died a suitably gory death in 8.22 Clip Show.