Full name: Jared Tristan Padalecki
Born: July 19, 1982 in San Antonio, Texas
Parents: Jerry Padalecki, Sharon Kammer
Siblings: Jeff (older brother), Megan (younger sister)
Spouse: Genevieve Padalecki nee Cortese
Children: Thomas Colton Padalecki known as Tom (March 19, 2012), Austin Shepherd Padalecki who is known as Shep (December 22, 2013) and Odette Elliott Padalecki (March 17, 2017)
Jared won in the Duo section of the National Forensic League's National Speech Tournament in 1998 and was an honor student (Source). He won the Claim to Fame Contest in 1999 and appeared at the Teen Choice Awards that year. Jared was a candidate for the 2000 Presidential Scholars Program. After he graduated from James Madison High School he started to pursue his acting career.
He had a relationship with Sandra McCoy whom he met when they both had roles in Cry_Wolf in 2004. At the Salute to Supernatural Convention in L.A. in March 2008, Jared announced that on January 28th, 2008 they got engaged on their fourth anniversary, in Paris. However at the Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2008 convention in June 2008, Jared announced that he and Sandy were no longer together.
- Jared and Jensen talk about how they proposed
- Pics tweetd by Clif of his wife Colleen and Jensen,Genevieve and Clif
- Blog from a wedding guest about gifts Jared gave the groomsman
On October 11, 2011 Jared announced via Twitter than he and Genevieve were expecting their first child.
Jared tweeted on Monday 19th March, that Gen had given birth to their son, in Seattle. Thomas Colton Padalecki was 8lb 6oz. In fandom tradition, Gen, #WelcomePadababy, #PapaPadalecki, #UncleJensen and #ThomasColtonPadalecki all trended on Twitter.
Fans donated over $40,000 to a fundraising drive for St Jude's Hospital organised by Winchester Bros. Gen and Jared matched the amount raised. Read Jared's thanks to fandom here.
Jared tweeted on Monday 24th Dec 2013, that Gen had given birth to their second son.Shepherd Padalecki was born on 22th Dec 2013.
- Jared talks about being protective of time with his family by People magazine
In 2014, Jared injured his shoulder while wrestling with Osric Chau at Jus In Bello Italy 2014 .Osric relates the story of how Jared injured his shoulder
- Jared and Genevieve Padalecki were in the Texas Legislature on 26th May, 2017 promoting Senate Bill 179, also called David’s Law, which would crack down on cyberbullying in schools. They joined the family of 16-year-old David Molak, who killed himself last year after relentless bullying. Video of the speeches.
- In 2019 Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki Supports High School Speech and Debate Teams at Their Largest Competition with the Dallas Observer
Jared was a guest star on the medical drama ER before he went on to play the recurring role of Dean Forrester, on-again off-again boyfriend of Rory Gilmore, in five seasons of The WB drama Gilmore Girls. During his time on that show, he also starred in several movies, among them New York Minute, Cheaper by the Dozen (with Tom Welling), The Flight of the Phoenix, House of Wax, and Cry_Wolf.
Jared was also to star in a series The WB was developing in 2003 called Young MacGyver, in which he was supposed to play Clay MacGyver, MacGyver's nephew. Unfortunately, the series was not picked up.
Jared finally took on a leading role in Supernatural in 2005.
In the hiatus between seasons three and four in 2008, Jared filmed the remake of the horror classic Friday the 13th in the lead role of Clay Miller. The movie broke the record for highest grossing debut of a horror film ever in history.
On January 21 2010, it was revealed that Jared did audition for the role of Conan in the new movie by director Marcus Nispel, but it has gone to Stargate: Atlantis alum Jason Momoma.
In June 2012, during the hiatus between seasons seven and eight, Jared started work with the Brian Buckley Band on a video for their song "I Am Human." The video was directed by Sarah Louise Wilson and produced by Natalia Cordova, Brian's partner. Filming wrapped on July 14th. You can watch the video here.
- Jared did uncredited stunt work on 3.04 Sin City.
- Jared's parents appeared as extras in 8.20 Pac-Man Fever
"Even if there are a thousand small fights, even if every other minute you’re thinking about suicide, or depression, or addiction, or if you have mental illness, I want people to hit it head on and take action. And to be proud that they’re winning their fight, period."
– Jared Padalecki, Variety
Jared launched the "Always Keep Fighting" campaign in March 2015, with a t-shirt featuring the slogan. Profits from the sale of the shirts went to
the charities To Write Love On Her Arms, The Wounded Warrior Project and A.I.R. Attitudes In Reverse - Student Suicide Prevention - Mental Health
Coincidentally, the campaign launched during the filming of 10.19 The Werther Project, an episode that features suicide as a theme.
During the first t-shirt campaign Jared posted about The Story Behind the shirt and "Always Keep Fighting"
- On New Years Eve, my dear friend lost his battle with depression. This, unfortunately, wasn’t the first time i lost a personal friend to suicide, and it hurt me deeply, in a way that only a personal experience with suicide can. Though he wasn't the first friend I’ve lost to suicide, I sure hope he’s the last. I wish i had the chance to go back and tell them what they meant to me. I wish I had the chance to beg them to seek help, to keep fighting. I wish they knew that they were surrounded by countless others who struggle on a daily basis.
- I hope that this campaign, while raising money for a wonderful charity, can also raise awareness about issues that affect more people than we know. I hope it inspires people battling depression, addiction, mental illness and suicidal thoughts to be vocal about their struggles. I hope it helps people realize that they shouldn’t be ashamed of what they are going through, and I hope it helps people meet and find new friends that they can relate to. I hope it helps people take pride in the fight that they have been fighting, and gives them a push to never give up or give in. I hope it helps inspire people to keep fighting. no matter how hard it is.
- For people who deal with mental illness, depression, addiction or suicidal thoughts, every day can bring about new struggles. Every hour and every minute can seem to bring insurmountable odds of happiness. I hope that the simple message of “always keep fighting” can help to bolster somebody through a tough time. I also hope this campaign can help alleviate some of the stigma that the terms “mental illness” and “depression” sometimes evokes.
- Everybody has either dealt with these issues themselves, or had a loved one who deal with them. It’s time for us to put these issues front and center and not be ashamed of the path we are walking. If you’re out there and need help, please seek it. Be proud of your valiant day-to-day struggle. There is no shame in needing support. I hope this campaign will help you be vocal about your own struggles, or vocal in your support of those who might need a helping hand. Most of all, when life seems to want to beat you down, I hope you Always Keep Fighting.
- Jared talks about his own struggles with depression and anxiety, and why he started the campaign by Variety
During this first and subsequent t-shirt campaigns, Jared randomly selected a number of fans who had purchased t-shirts and called them or sent gifts such as auto-graphed Supernatural scripts. He also started posting videos about the cause on his facebook page.
When sales of the shirt began, a movement started on Twitter and spread across social media, where fans purchased t-shirts for other fans who could not afford them, particularly those struggling with mental health issues. Jared acknowledged that he had heard about these efforts in a tweet (see right source).
Jared's first campaign sold the most shirts represent ever sold and reportedly raised $250,000 for TWLOHA source. Jared has also spoken openly about his own mental health issues, and inspired many fans to speak of their own struggles and to support each other.
On 15th May, 2015 Jared has announced that he was heading home from Europe and wouldn't be attending Jus In Bello Italy 2015, and asked for support from the fandom. , . Many of Jared's colleagues and friends, as well as fans, posted messages of support. You can read some of them here source. At the Convention Jensen reported that Jared was physically and emotionally exhausted, and was now home with his family. Jared would later write about this period in his life in the book Family Don't End with Blood, and talk about the suicidal depression he experienced.
Fans left messages of support for Jared on his Facebook page or twitter. Fans also started projects to collect messages of support:
- An e-card
- A collection of messages
- A blog where you can leave stories of how Jared has helped you in your own struggle
- Online photo album of people doing things that make them feel better when they are down
- "Jared wanted everyone to know he loves meeting his fans around the world and was very upset at having to cancel his trips to Rome and Australia. Jared has pushed himself to his limits and is suffering from exhaustion. His SPN family is so important to him, and he asks that they Always Keep Fighting. At this time he needs to be home with his family. He's doing better already and is excited about shooting Supernatural season 11 this July. For now he's taking a break, but is so appreciative of his fans, and sees and feels their love and support."
On 18th May, Jared tweeted "Thank you, from the bottom of my heart and soul, for your love and support. It's going to good use. All of my love and #AlwaysKeepFighting."
In November 2015, Jensen and Jared established The Pack Fund to distribute the funds that they raised.
- Jared talks to To Write Love On Her Arms about "Always Keep Fighting".
In March 2016, on the first anniversary of the AKF Campaign, , Jared launched a t-shirt campaign to raise money for both The Pack Fund and the SPNFamily Crisis Support Network. The theme of this campaign was "Love Yourself First." Jared said:
- "Loving yourself is vital in the fight against mental health problems, so I want to encourage y'all to focus on loving yourselves first... each and every one of you is worthy."
|Dates||July 19, 1982 (born)|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Episode(s)||6.15 The French Mistake|
In the episode 6.15 The French Mistake, Sam and Dean find themselves in an alternate reality on the set of Supernatural, mistaken for Jensen and Jared. Jared is shown to have a mansion in Vancouver, Canada, that he shares with his wife, Genevieve Padalecki. They are active in animal rights groups, like the International Otter Adoption Fund, and have a pet Alpaca in their backyard. Apparently, he is not close with Jensen Ackles.
- Phantom Boy (film, 2016)... Lt. Alex (voice)
- Supernatural: The Animation (TV series, 2011) ... Sam Winchester (voice)
- Friday the 13th (film, 2009) ... Clay Miller
- The Christmas Cottage (film, 2008) ... Thomas Kinkade
- House of Fears (film, 2007) ... J.P. (uncredited)
- Supernatural (TV series, 2005-present) ... Sam Winchester
- Cry_Wolf (film, 2005) ... Tom
- House of Wax (film, 2005) ... Wade
- Gilmore Girls (TV series, 2000-2005) ... Dean Forester
- Flight of the Phoenix (film, 2004) ... Davis
- New York Minute (film, 2004) ... Trey Lipton
- Cheaper by the Dozen (film, 2003) ... Bully (uncredited)
- Young MacGyver (unaired pilot, 2003) ... Clay MacGyver
- A Ring of Endless Light (TV series, 2002) ... Zachery Gray
- ER (TV series, episode "Piece of Mind," 2001) ... Paul Harris
- Close to Home (TV series, 2001)
- Silent Witness (TV series, 2000) ... Sam
- A Little Inside (film, 1999) ... Matt Nelson
Jared in Fandom
- William S. Paley Television Festival
- Grand Slam Sci Fi Convention 2006
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2007
- Fangoria Texas 2008
- Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2008
- EyeCon April 2008
- Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2008
- Supanova Sydney 2008
- Comic Con 2008
- EyeCon September 2008
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2008
- Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2009
- All Hell Breaks Loose Sydney 2009
- Asylum 2009
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2009
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2009
- Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2010
- Jus In Bello Italy 2010
- Rising Con Spain 2010
- Comic Con 2010
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2010
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2010
- Salute to Supernatural San Francisco 2011
- Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2011
- William S. Paley Television Festival
- Jus In Bello Italy 2011
- Asylum 6 2011
- Asylum Europe 2
- Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2011
- Salute to Supernatural Nashville 2011
- Salute to Supernatural New Jersey 2011
- Salute to Supernatural Boston 2011
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2011
- Salute To Supernatural Toronto 2011
- Salute To Supernatural Chicago 2011
- Jus In Bello Italy 2012
- Comic Con 2012
- Roadhouse Con Brasil 2012
- Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2012
- Salute to Supernatural Nashville 2012
- Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2012
- Salute to Supernatural New Jersey 2012
- Salute To Supernatural Chicago 2012
- Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2012
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2012
- Salute to Supernatural Las Vegas 2013
- Jus In Bello Italy 2013
- Comic Con 2013
- Salute to Supernatural New Jersey 2013
- Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2013
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2013
- Salute to Supernatural Burbank 2013
- Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2013
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2013
- Jus In Bello Italy 2014
- Asylum 12 2014
- Comic-Con 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Las Vegas 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Burbank 2014
- Salute to Supernatural New Jersey 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Washington DC 2014
- Salute to Supernatural Las Vegas 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Houston 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Phoenix 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Seattle 2015
- Asylum 14 2015
- Comic-Con 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Washington DC 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Minneapolis 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2015
- Salute to Supernatural New Jersey 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Denver 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Pasadena 2015
- Salute to Supernatural Jacksonville 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Houston 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Nashville 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Las Vegas 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Seattle 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Washington DC 2016
- Asylum 16 2016
- Jus In Bello Italy 2016
- JIBLand 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Phoenix 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Pittsburgh 2016
- Comic-Con 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Minneapolis 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Atlanta 2016
- Salute to Supernatural New Jersey 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Burbank 2016
- Salute to Supernatural San Francisco 2016
- Salute to Supernatural Jacksonville 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Houston 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Las Vegas 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Nashville 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Seattle 2017
- All Hell Breaks Loose 8 - 2017
- Jus In Bello Italy 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Phoenix 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2017
- Comic-Con 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Vancouver 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Minneapolis 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Pittsburgh 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Secaucus 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2017
- Salute to Supernatural New Orleans 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Washington DC 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Honolulu 2017
- Salute to Supernatural San Francisco 2017
- Salute to Supernatural Orlando 2018
- Salute to Supernatural Las Vegas 2018
- Salute to Supernatural Seattle 2018
- Salute to Supernatural Montreal 2018
- Salute to Supernatural Nashville 2018
- Salute to Supernatural Birmingham, UK 2018
- Jus In Bello Italy 2018
- The Christmas Cottage
- Convention Clothing Guide
- Fan Cookbook for Jared
- Fandom Wank
- Friday the 13th
- The Jared Padalecki Song
- The Padalecki Project
- Room 401
- Sparkly Balloons