Dean's Cell Phone
In Phantom Traveler, Dean's cell phone number is given: 1-866-907-3235, and is of now not active. If you phoned the number early in the season, the following messages (spoken by Jensen Ackles) would play:
- Message 1:
"This is Dean Winchester. If this is an emergency, leave a message. If you're calling about 11-2-83, please page me with your coordinates."
- Message 2:
"Dad, we really need to hear from you. Leave me a message, text me, check your jwinchester1246 gmail. Anything. We have new info."
Side note: In real life, Jared has twice tweeted the number (778)237-3022. He eventually stated that it is the number to a prop phone that was used by Dean on set.
Dean has owned a Motorola i850, a LH slide phone, and an unidentified flip phone. As of 6.14 Mannequin 3: The Reckoning, Dean owns a Nokia N78. The display image seems to be of his legs up on a table. In 7.17 The Born-Again Identity Dean's phone number is 785-555-0128.
In 9.02 Devil May Care Kevin answers what is supposedly Dean's previous phone, which he retrieves from a box of spare phones. It looks to be a Blackberry slider, like the BlackBerry Torch 9800.
- 1 Dean's Cell Phone in use
- 1.1 Season One
- 1.2 Season Two
- 1.3 Season Three
- 1.4 Season 4
- 1.5 Season Nine
- 1.6 Season Eleven
- 2 See also
- 3 External links
Dean's Cell Phone in use
- While they go through the trunk of the Impala at Sam's dorm, Dean holds up his phone and plays a voice mail for Sam. It's from their dad and contains Electronic Voice Phenomenon.
- As Dean is leaving to get food, the police see him and start approaching. He uses his phone to call Sam and warn him that the police are on to them.
- Dean gets a call from Jerry Panowski, asking for help. He tells him he was helped by him and his dad a couple years back when he had a Poltergeist. Later he calls Dean again to let him know about Chuck Lambert. As the boys are leaving he explains he got Dean's number from his dad's voicemail. Dean calls his dad's phone and they listen to the new message.
- Dean calls Larry Pike and pretends to be Travis Weaver with Oklahoma Gas and Power to try to get him to leave his home. Larry realizes it's not Travis and asks who's calling, so Dean hangs up.
- Dean lies to Sam saying he needs to go to the bathroom in order to try to call their dad again. He gets his voicemail and leaves him a message to call him back, because this time they're at their old house.
- Deans phone starts ringing in the motel room and he has trouble locating it. When he finds it in the pile of clothes on the bed, it's a text message of coordinates from an unavailable number.
- Dean discusses the events occurring in Burkittsville with Sam while driving the to the local community college.
- When Dean can't stop Layla from going up on stage, he yells fire to clear the tent and calls Sam to tell him he stopped Roy.
- Dean gets a call from Cassie while stopped at a gas station and tells Sam they're heading to Missouri for a case.
- Dean gets a call from Sam while researching with Cassie regarding the case.
- Dean calls Sam for help to lose the ghost truck. Sam says he needs a minute and hangs up. Seconds later Sam calls back and Dean answers to be given driving directions to a specific church.
- Dean calls Sam, who's sitting outside Meg's place watching her, to give him the news that her background checks out after a little research. Then they discuss the case.
- Dean sticks a spoon in Sam's mouth, who is sleeping shotgun in the impala at the time, and then pulls out his phone to photograph the prank while driving.
- Dean is at the hospital with Asher and his mom as he gets a call from Sam about leads on the case.
- While settling into their motel room, Dean takes out his phone, dials a couple numbers and holds it out to Sam telling him to, "Call her", meaning Sarah Blake at the auction house.
- Dean gets a call from Sam after he and Sarah are locked into Evelyn's house. Sam tells Dean the ghost is actually Melanie Merchant and they quickly form a plan save him and Sarah. Dean waits on hold as Sam puts the phone down to search for iron, and the ghost attacks. When Sam picks it back up, Dean asks if they are okay. Sarah tells Sam to explain to Dean about the antique dolls at the auction and Dean heads to the mausoleum.
- Dean calls Sam back to make sure they are okay after visiting the mausoleum.
- When the boys return to their motel room after saving the Holt family, Dean's tries to contact their dad, with no success. After talking to Sam, Dean tries him again, but Meg answers John's phone.
- Dean gets a call from Sam while working the carnival. They discuss the possibilty that the spirit they're hunting may be attached to its remains instead of a cursed object. Dean tells Sam they should check it out and he's on his way, then hangs up abruptly.
- After Sam sees Andy drive by in the impala, we cut to Dean who is on his phone with a frantic Sam. Dean lets Sam know Andy is using some kind of mind control.
- While the boys and Jo are settling into the apartment, Ellen calls Dean, because she doesn't believe Jo went to Vegas. Dean and Jo whisper an argument, and Dean caves, telling Ellen he hasn't seen Jo.
- Right after Jo disappears, Ellen calls Dean saying she knows Jo is there, Ash told her everything. She demands to speak to Jo and Dean tries to lie and say she's busy. When that doesn't work, he tells Ellen he'll get her back, and Ellen says she'll be on the first flight out, and hangs up.
- Shortly after arriving in River Grove, the boys decide to get help from Bobby or Ellen. Dean takes out his phone to call them, but realises he has no service.
- After he is shot at, Sam calls Dean for help after finding shell casings. Dean has been captured by Gordon, so Gordon holds the phone up for Dean to answer. Dean gives Sam the address and uses the code word "party town" to let Sam know he's in trouble.
- After Sam saves Dean and Gordon is arrested, Dean calls Ellen to confront her for telling him about Sam. Ellen denies letting word out about Sam and explains it could be any hunter passing through the roadhouse that could have found out.
- When Sam returns from interviewing the woman in a psychiatric facility, Dean is enjoying the Magic Fingers hooked up to his hotel bed and listening to Led Zepplin's Kashmir on his LG phone.
- The episode opens with Dean alone, leaning on the impala, talking to Ellen. He asks her if she's seen Sam and explains he won't answer his phone and isn't responding to voicemails. Suddenly, he gets another call through call waiting. It's a frantic Sam asking Dean for help. Dean asks where he is and tell him he'll be right there. He hangs up on both Sam and Ellen and drives off.
- Later, Jo calls Dean's cellphone in order to locate him. It Keeps going to voicemail, because he is conscious and unable to answer it. Luckily, she keeps redialing him and she finds him.
- As he leaves the body shop, Dean calls Sam and haggles him for doing, well, exactly what he was doing. Dean says he has a lead on Kurt and then asks Sam, "What's she wearing?" To which, Sam says, "Bye, Dean." and hangs up on him.
- The episode opens with Dean driving the impala at night. His phone rings, it's Sam. He informs Dean there is a police car outside their hotel room. Sam is unsure they're looking for them, but then it pulls away. They discuss the case. Dean tells Sam he's going to go check out a location he passed a couple miles back, but Sam tries to insist he come pick him up first. Dean disagrees and says it will be fine. They hang up.
- After leaving with Tamara and Isaac, Dean Is seen on the phone in another room. After a minute, he comes in the room where Sam and Bobby are examining Tamara and Isaac's hunting equipment. He finishes up, presumably, making a date with Jenny the coroner and then tells the group that the bodies they found were dehydrated and starved.
- When the boys leave after confronting Grossman, Dean gets a call back from Bobby. He tells Dean that he's found a heavyweight cleansing ritual for the foot. Dean has to explain that Sam lost the foot and he and Bobby discuss Bela, as Sam looses his shoe in a storm drain while trying to remove gum from it. Bobby tells Dean to look after his brother, calling him an idjit, and then hangs up.
- As the boys pull up to their motel, Dean is ending another call with Bobby, who is time has given them a location for Bela.
- The day after the shooting in the bar, after Richie leaves with Casey, Dean is back at the bar with Sam trying to call Richie. His phone rings out without an answer.
- Later, Dean is driving and calls to check Sam's progress on the case. Sam whispers to Dean that he can't talk right then and tells him to meet at the bar later, before hanging up on Dean.
- Bela sells the location of the boys to Gordon in exchange for a century old hex bag. She phones Dean, who we don't see or hear, and says, "Hello Dean? Hey, where are you?"
- After being attacked by Gordon, Sam and Dean realise Bela sold them out. Dean immediately gets out his phone and calls her to confront her about it. Bela plays it cool and uncaring as usual, as Dean yells at her. He then threatens to kill her and hangs up.
- While Sam and Dean are at their hotel room preparing to fight Gordon, Dean's phone rings. it's Bela, claiming she doesn't want a grudge against her. She tells Dean she'd rather he not kill her either, so she's calling to disclose Gordon's location, which she obtained by contacting a spirit. She directs them to a warehouse, tells them the warning message the spirit said to pass on and hangs up.
- After the boys wake Bobby and are driving to find Jeremy, Bobby calls Dean with and update. Dean answers while driving, very irritable from over-caffeination. With no good news to report, Dean yells and tells him he's going to go blow his brains out, then hangs up on Bobby.
- Dean is sitting on a bench outside, talking on the phone through mouths of food. As Sam approaches, he hangs up. A brief discussion between the boys regarding the current case (Dean's demon deal), reveals Dean was talking to Bobby. He tells Sam what Bobby said and to head out. They have a new case.
- Dean calls Sam while he is walking back to the impala. They discuss the case and hang up. Immediately Dean's phone rings again; he pulls a face when checking the caller ID. Expecting Sam, Dean is stunned to hear John's voice. We don't hear any of their conversation other than John saying Dean's name. Dean tells Sam the call cut out, later at the motel.
- Later while Sam is asleep, Dean's phone rings again. The caller ID says SHA33; it's the Crocotta pretending to be John again. In disbelief Dean asks if it is really their father. The Crocotta claims it is truely John and scolds Dean about the demon deal. It tells him he knows a way out for both of them. It says the demon holding Dean's contract is where they are now. The call cuts out.
- The next day Dean is back in the motel room sitting at a table, phone in front of him, waiting for the call. As it rings he checks the caller ID. He immediately answers, "Dad? Where's the demon?" We don't hear any further parts of their conversation, but the Crocotta must give Dean an address, as we next see him at someone's house, preparing for a demon.
- While the boys are researching in their motel room, Dean's phone rings. It's Bobby calling with a lead on Bela. He tells them a has-been hunter named Rufus Turner called him, saying a woman with a British accent called Mina Chandler phoned him regarding items he has for sale. Dean recocgnises the name she used and Bobby gives them Rufus' location. They hang up.
- Dean calls Sam while driving back from trying to retrieve the Colt from Bela. They discuss Dean's demon deal and Sam tells him he has the book where Doc Benton as all his notes for immortally. As he explains it's not witchcraft and just really weird science, Sam is attacked and drops the phone. Dean calls out to him to no avail.
- After burying Doc Benton the boys set up their motel room for Bela and leave town. Bela visits their room and finds the blow up dolls. The motel room phone rings; it's Dean calling from the impala. He tells Bela he felt her steal his motel receipt and saw the Devil's Shoestring above her door at her motel room. He says he knows her demon deal has come due. Bela tells him she knows about his deal too. She explains Lilith holds all the contracts and they need to kill her. Dean refuses to help Bela, tells her, "I'll see you in hell." and hangs up.
- As Dean and Bobby are driving to a location to summon whatever pulled Dean from hell, Dean calls Sam who left the motel while he was sleeping. He tells Sam off for taking the impala and they both lie about what they are doing. Without much else to say, they hang up.
- After finding Olivia Lowry dead, the boys and Bobby start calling other hunters to check in on them. We hear Dean leave a voicemail for Jed, who we see is already dead.
- Later as Sam and Dean leave Jeds house, Dean is on the phone with Bobby. They both report all the hunters they've check on are dead. Bobby tells the boys to meet him back at his place, and they hang up.
- After Sam is attacked by Victor Henriksen at the petrol station, Dean tries to call Bobby from the car while driving to Bobby's house. Bobby doesn't answer and has no voicemail.
- After Castiel touches Dean's forehead, he wakes up on a bench. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and sees he has no signal. He holds it up in the air and moves it side to side before giving up and putting it away.
- After sitting down in the diner shortly after, he asks a young John if he knows where he can get reception and shows him his phone. He tells Dean, "The USS Enterprise?"
- Dean is in the hospital room with Sam and Ezekiel when his cell rings and he steps outside to answer. Castiel is on the other end, calling from a gas station. This is the first time that Dean has spoken to Castiel since the angels fell. Castiel explains that Metatron tricked him and Dean explains that Sam is dying; also that Ezekiel is helping him, of which Castiel approves. Dean tells Castiel to make his way to the bunker without helping the other angels, then he hangs up.
- Dean takes out his cell to check if he has signal after Kevin tells him that his cell lost signal and he was trapped in the bunker.
- Dean is taking to Irv about the angels and calls them ‘monsters with good PR’
- Dean uses his phone to call Kevin when he is asked to talk to his supervisor. Kevin panic’s at first but end’s up out smarting the sergeant and saying the now infamous line ‘Cause I’m Kevin freaking Solo’
- Dean’s old cell rings in a box of old phones, Kevin answers it and Abaddon is on the other end looking for Dean.
- Dean uses his phone to record and playback a message on loop saying, “Come and get it, you dicks!” to outsmart the demons after them.
- Dean's phone rings, saving him from having to look through the Encyclopedias of Extinct Languages with Sam and Kevin. It is Castiel calling him from the Gas n' Sip where he is working, to inform Dean of a possible hunt.
- Sam calls Dean, who is standing by the Impala with coffee with an update on the languages situation.
- Dean takes a call while talking to Castiel; he answers as Agent Lee Ermey and gets information about another kill from an officer.
- Dean takes another call from an office to inform him that there was only one set of DNA at the crime scene.
- Sam and Dean have another situation update phone conversation, this time Dean is in the Impala waiting outside the house that Castiel is babysitting in.
- Dean’s phone starts ringing, Sam looks annoyed but answers it. A man on the other end asks for a Dee-dawg, to which Sam replies, “I’m sorry, there’s no, uh, there’s no Dee-dawg, uh...”, but Dean grabs the phone before he can finish and says, “Hey Sonny.” Dean listens to ‘Sonny’ and then reassures him that they’ll “check it out” .
- Dean’s phone rings when he is in a restaurant with Sam, it's Sonny again, informing him of another murder.
- Dean’s cell rings while he is driving along in the Impala with Sam, it is Sheriff Jody Mills. After introductions Dean puts his phone on speaker so that Sam can join the conversation. Jody tells them about a possible hunt near Sioux falls.
- Dean is with his fantasy women and she has just taken off her hoodie, leaving her in just a skimpy camisole when his phone rings. Seeing it is just Sam, he silences it to continue his night.
- Sam tries calling Dean’s other cell but get the voicemail “This is Dean’s other, other cell so you must know what to do” He leaves an annoyed message.
- Dean finally answers Sams call, but is distracted by something he has just found out about the lady he is with. Sam finally gets his attention, but not for long as Suzy comes back and Dean swiftly hangs up on Sam.
- Dean, having been kidnapped, goes to grab his phone as soon as he is conscious, but finds that it has been taken. So he grabs a hidden one and tries to get a signal. Dean finally gets signal, but it is weak, when he does get through to Sam it just breaks up and dies.
- Castiel calls Dean on his cell phone from a pay-phone to inform Dean about Malachi. He also tells Dean about Ezekiel dying when the angels fell.
- Dean is checking out a crime scene and we can see his phone on the impala's dashboard. Castiel calls Dean with information regarding what they might be hunting. During a very memorable fight scene between Dean and the "werepyre", or Nachzehrer, Deputy Donelly; Castiel continues to talk to Dean even though he has put his phone back onto the dash. Sam also attempts to call Dean during this time. Once the fight is actually over, Dean uses his phone to send Castiel a picture of the creature's fangs, in order to figure out what monster they are up against. After hanging up with Castiel, Dean sees the missed call from Sam and calls him back before heading back on the road.