Species of animals that are associated particularly with Puerto Rico (where it was first reported), Mexico, Chile, Brazil and the United States. Translated from Spanish to English the chupacabra literally means goat-sucker in reference to the creature's habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock.
The Winchesters hunted a chupacabra when Sam was a teen.
A banner on the circus tent advertises that there is a live chupacabra on display.
- Gordon: Thanks, but uh, I'm kind of a go-it-alone type of guy.
- Dean: Come on, man, I've been itching for a hunt.
- Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over. You go ahead and knock yourselves out.
- "What can't? ghosts, vampires, chupacabra? It could be a hundred things."
Chupacabras in Lore and pop Culture
The chupacabras (from chupar "to suck" and cabra "goat," literally "goat sucker") is a legendary cryptid rumored to inhabit parts of the Americas. The name comes from the animal's reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock, especially goats. The first reported attacks occurred in March 1995 in Puerto Rico, and the most common description of chupacabras is reptilian with leathery or scaly greenish-gray skin and sharp spines or quills running down its back. It stands approximately 3 to 4 feet high and stands and hops like a kangaroo.
- The Post Production team made Jared and Jensen's outtakes from the scene in 12.17 The British Invasion into a Shaving People Punting Things video which you can watch here.