Sam and Dean are reunited and on the hunt again. They reach a small town and investigate a string of very strange murders. A man who has found James Dean's car "Little Bastard" is found dead as if he has been involved in a major car crash. Another man is murdered by someone who looks just like Abraham Lincoln. Suspecting that the murders are the work of famous ghosts, the boys do research at the local wax museum where Sam is attacked by what seems to be the ghost of Mahatma Gandhi. Shortly afterwards, two girls report to the police that their friend was kidnapped by Paris Hilton, which leaves the brothers speechless. After finding peculiar seeds in the victims' stomachs, they break into the museum's construction area where they do find Paris Hilton—who is in fact a pagan god in disguise, trying to settle down after its old home, a deep forest in Eastern Europe, has been cut down. By touching their possessions, the god can turn itself into famous people and kill their fans in order to feed on their blood. While fighting the Leshii, Dean references Padalecki's and Hilton's role in House of Wax, saying he has never seen it. In the end, Sam kills "Paris Hilton" with an iron axe. Before leaving town, Dean tells Sam that starting the Apocalypse isn't his fault alone as he himself has broken the first seal and that they shouldn't think about the whole vessel thing too much but instead fight together.
- (plays at the bar, when Dean calls Sam)
- "Superstition" by Beck, Bogert & Appice
- (plays over the "Soon" preview)
Dude suffers a head-on collision in a parked car? I'd say that's worth checking out.
Sam: Yeah, definitely, uh, but, uh, we got bigger problems, don't you think?
I'm sure the Apocalypse'll still be there when we get back.
Dean: Hey, world's smallest violin, pal, I spent the afternoon up Christine's skirt. I needed a drink.
So we got Abraham Lincoln, and James Dean? Famous ghosts?
Well that's just silly.
So you're saying we've got two super-famous, super-pissed-off ghosts killing their... super-fans?
Sam: That's what it looks like.
Well, that is muchos loco.
Wax Museum Owner:
This? This is nothing. I've been working on a new collection of figures. Stuff that'll really wow the kids.
Dean: The kids?
Wax Museum Owner:
Yeah, Gen Y. Computer games, cell phones, sexting. They're just fads. I'm gonna make wax museums hip again.
Four score and seven years ago, I had a funny hat.
We can't have any fun with this?
Let me get this straight. Your, uh, ultimate hero was not only a short man in diapers, but he was also a fruitarian?
Sam: That's not the point.
That is good. That is—even for you, that is good.
Paris Hilton's not dead as far as we know, right?
Sam: Pretty sure, no.
Dean: Which means it's not a—
Sam: Ghost. No.
Dean: So, what? Paris Hilton is a homicidal maniac—
Or we missed something.
Not a word.
Sam: Dude. You just got whaled on by Paris Hilton!
Maybe I am on deck for the Devil, maybe same with you and Michael, maybe there's no changing that.
Dean: Well that's encouraging.
Sam: But, we can stop wringing our hands over it. We gotta just grab onto whatever's in front of us, kick its ass, and go down fighting.
Dean: I can get on board with that.
Okay. But we're gonna have to do it on the same level.
Trivia & References
Agents Bonham and Copeland.
- Bonham is John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, an alias Dean has used before. Stewart Copeland was the drummer for The Police, as well as an influential film score composer.
And how exactly did Jim slam Cal into a windshield with all the force of an eighty-mile-per-hour crash?
- James Dean, whose cursed car "Little Bastard" is featured in this episode, played the character of Jim Stark in the film Rebel Without a Cause and the character of Cal Trask in the film East of Eden.
That is—that is so funny, because, I am actually an agent for William Morris Endeavor.
- William Morris Endeavor is an American talent agency.
Well, CIA, NSA, one o' them trained assassins, like in Michael Clayton.
- In Michael Clayton, lawyer Arthur Edens is killed by professional hit men.
In the movie Fight Club
the narrator and Tyler Durden discuss which historical figures they would fight. They pick Gandhi and Abraham Lincoln respectively.
I'll go grab East of Eden's keychain.
- James Dean starred in the 1955 film East of Eden.
How long am I gonna be on double-secret probation?
- In the movie Animal House Dean Vernon Wormer is trying to remove the Delta fraternity from campus due to repeated conduct violations. Since they are already on probation, he puts the Deltas on "Double Secret Probation."
You people used to have old-time religion. Now you have Us Weekly.
Dean: I don't know, I'm more of a Penthouse Forum man myself.
- Penthouse Forum features letters of unlikely sexual encounters that invariably begin "I never thought this would happen to me…"
Well I hate to break it to you, sister, but, uh...you can't eat me. See, I'm not a Paris Hilton BFF. I've never even seen House of Wax.
- Paris Hilton's My New BFF is a reality show where fans of the heiress compete to become her new friend. Jared and Paris co-starred in the 2005 remake of House of Wax.
This episode filmed from August 18th - 27th, 2009
No puedo vivir aquí. Necesito mi familia. Me voy ahora. Me voy a la casa. No—me voy a la casa en El Salvador ahora.
- I cannot live here. I need my family. I want to go now. I want to go home. No—I want to go to home in El Salvador now.
Consuela: Estaba sacando la basura. Miré por la ventana y vi al hombre que mató al Señor Hill!
- I was taking out the garbage. I looked through the window and I saw the man who killed Mr. Hill!
Sam: Uh, Señora Alvarez. Calmarse, por favor. Díga nos lo que vio?
- Mrs. Alvarez. Calm yourself, please. Tell us what you saw?
Sam's translation of the rest is accurate, except that Consuela said 'mustache,' not 'beard.'
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts