|Episode #||Season 2, Episode 17|
|First aired||March 22, 2007|
|Directed by||Kim Manners|
|Written by||Sera Gamble|
|Outline||Sam and Dean track down a werewolf that has made San Francisco its hunting ground.|
|Timeline||(estimated) Week leading up to either March 3, or April 2, 2007 (full moons after prior episode date)|
|Location(s)||San Francisco, California|
|« Previous Episode | Next Episode »|
They visit Madison, a lawyer's assistant (possibly secretary, probably paralegal), whose boss was the latest victim. She admits that he would hit on her occasionally, and that the night of his death she spotted her violent ex-boyfriend Kurt watching them at a bar.
The boys find signs of werewolf activity near Kurt’s apartment, and discover the body of a dead police officer in a nearby alley. Fearing for Madison’s safety they decide she needs protection, a job for which each brother is keen to volunteer. A game of rock, paper, scissors results in Sam being left to guard Madison, while Dean is out investigating Kurt. There is an obvious attraction between Sam and Madison, and while Madison flirts, Sam is shy and they spend the evening watching TV until Madison goes to bed. During the night, unnoticed by Sam, Madison transforms into a werewolf and sneaks out to kill Kurt. Dean bursts in on her and manages to nick her with a silver blade before she knocks him out.
Sam interrogates Madison and figures out that Madison was infected when she was bitten during what she thought was a mugging a month previously. Sam finds lore in his father’s journal that suggests that if the “sire” of someone who is a werewolf is killed, they will be released from the curse.
While Sam guards Madison, Dean visits the area of town where the previous victims were attacked. He saves a young woman from an attack by a werewolf, which he kills. As it dies it is reverts to human form and is revealed as Madison’s neighbor Glen.
Sam and Dean stay with Madison through the next night, but she doesn’t transform, and they assume she has been cured. Buoyant at this outcome, Sam and Madison consummate their attraction with a session of passionate lovemaking. But that night, as the full moon rises, Sam witnesses Madison become a werewolf again before she flees the apartment.
The next day, Madison calls Sam, scared and confused. When Dean confirms that they have no way to cure her, Madison begs Sam to kill her, because she doesn't want to live as a monster. While distraught and reluctant, when there appears no alternative Sam, despite Dean's offer to do it instead, kills Madison.
- Werewolf PoD
- Cujo PoD
- Kendall (Hart) PoD
- Ethan (Cambais) PoD
- Incredible Hulk PoD
- Lycanthropy PoD
- Single Perfect Tear
- Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Rock, Paper, Scissors is a game played between two people, often in order to choose which person will do or receive something. It differs from other simple decision making methods like tossing a coin in that it is not random. One player can use knowledge of the other to anticipate which "sign" the other will make. Rock, paper, scissors is now played as a competitive sport. For more information visit the World RPS Society.
- "Smoking Gun" by Kip Winger
- (played while Dean is at the strip club)
- "Down on the Street" by The Stooges
- (played when Dean is staking out Kurt's apartment and Madison kills him)
- "Look at You" by Screaming Trees
- (played while Sam and Madison are having sex)
- "Silent Lucidity" by Queensrÿche
- (played at the end of the episode)