- "The Famous Final Scene" by Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
- (plays during "The Road So Far" recap of events and the opening scene until the title card; also played in 9.10 Road Trip)
- "Gimme What I Want" by Tony Lee Stafford, Jr., Michael Dennis Smith, and NineOneOne (Extreme Music)
- (playing in the girl's room when Bloody Mary attacks)
- "Too Good to Be True" by Lon Rogers & the Soul Blenders
- (playing from the car stereo of the Woman in White victim; also played in 13.11 Breakdown)
Dean: Great. Son of a bitch. Chuck, man, I knew it. I knew he would do something like this. He's always so squirrelly, you know, with the robe and the beard, and the smile that's like half-nice, half-I'm gonna rip your throat out. "Oh let me play you a song."
Dean, this could be our Woman in White.
Dean: Dude, we sent her to Hell years ago.
Sam: Yeah, but she could be back.
Well, if she's back then they're all back. Every last one we ever killed. Let's go.
Belphegor: I mean the last time I was on earth, I mean I was human. It was a while ago. I mean, but, you know we were all worshiping this giant rock that looked like a huge penis, and anyway... Folks back then, they were, you know ugly. You know had a lot of humps, I mean a lot. But look at 'em now. I mean look at you, I mean you're gorgeous.
So with all this going on, what's it like down there?
Belphegor: In Hell?
Belphegor: You ever seen an anthill when its like, set on fire? Okay, well, there we were, minding our own business, you know, flaying people for eternity, like you do, right? And then, every door in Hell just sprang open, all at once. You know? Souls got out. Sky cracked. And, uh, boom, ta-da, you know?
Dean: Wait. Every door? Even the Cage?
Belphegor: Yeah, even the Cage.
Dean: And Michael?
Well, last I heard he was just sitting there. Yeah, but if he got out, I mean -- ugh. I mean... he wouldn't hold a grudge, right?
That's what He does, He gets bored and-and-and pulls the ripcord. I mean that's what He did with Apocalypse World, and-and probably with all of them. He moves on and starts another story. You know what? Good. 'Cause if He bailed, it's just us. For the first time, it's just us.
Dean: Yeah, and about 3 billion ghosts.
Sam: Yeah, well what's one more apocalypse, right? But seriously, if we win -- when we win this, God's gone. There's no one to screw with us, there's no more maze, there's just us. And we're free.
Dean: So, you and me versus every soul in Hell? I like those odds. And you know what that means?
We got work to do.
Trivia & References
"Back and to the Future" is a reference to the Back to the Future
films, as well as the fact that Sam
are once again facing enemies from their past.
Anyway, I'm guessing this whole, uh, hellmouth thing is kind of, uh, you?
- In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the hellmouth was the doorway to Hell located beneath the town of Sunnydale which the protagonists have to keep closed. It's mentioned in the series finale that there is also one in Cleveland, Ohio. In addition, Belphegor was one of the main antagonists in the Buffy novels The Gatekeeper Trilogy.
is revealed to have a newspaper but terrible Wi-Fi.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts