- "Searchin' for a Rainbow" by The Marshall Tucker Band
- (playing in Rocky's Bar as Dean prepares the "house special" for Pamela)
Michael: Hope is an amazing thing isn't it? You had no chance of winning this. None. But you had hope. Hope that I wouldn't see you coming, but I saw everything. And now I have my perfect vessel, I've just destroyed the one weapon that could really hurt me. Thanks for bringing that by the way. Don't interrupt me.
Sam: Where's Jessica?
Violet: Well, my name's Violet it's my shift. We have shifts now, because you mess up so many things.
Michael: Yes, put a chair against the door, that'll help. Nothing's changed. Either my monsters get here or I break these chains. But tonight, everybody dies. And Sam, the last thing you'll see is this pretty smile as I rip you apart.
Tell me, why do you love this world enough to risk your own life?
Castiel: Tell me, why you hat this world enough to burn it to the ground.
Michael: Because I can. Because... Me and my brother, my Lucifer. When we fought in my world, we thought that God would come back, give us answers. Why He'd gone, what we'd done. But instead you know what happened? Nothing. No God. Nothing. And now, now that I'm in here. Now I know why. God -- Chuck is a writer. And like all writers he turns out draft after draft. My world, this world. Nothing but failed drafts, and when he realizes that their flawed he moves on and tries again.
Castiel: No, that's not. Why would he do that?
Michael: Because he doesn't care! About you, me, anything. Now at first, I thought I'd do it better. Show him, be more God than God. But now, I just wanna burn everyone of his little worlds, until I catch up to the old man.
Castiel: And then what?
Even God can die.
Dean thrives on trauma, he's had to his whole life, right. It keeps him alert, it keeps him ready. But, if I wanted to distract Dean I'd give him something he's never had before.
Exactly. So maybe instead of looking through his bad memories, let's look through his good memories.
Michael: You fellas didn't think this out did ya? Even if you could force me out, what do you think I'd leave behind? Hmm? You'd be nothing but blood and bone.
Dean: Then we don't kick him out. We keep him in. It'll hold. My mind, my rules. I got him. I'm the Cage.
You broke the rules.
Billie: I took a calculated risk. I warned you. About the dangers of jumping from world to world. But you ignored me, didn't you?
Rescuing Mom and Jack, helping out those other folks -- I'd say it was worth it.
Trivia & References
"Nihilism" is the belief that nothing in life matters, and everything is meaningless. It is also a reference to Michael's state of mind since he believes that God
has come to consider the Winchesters' world and Apocalypse World
"failed drafts" and they are thus meaningless.
I got this great IPA from Austin -- Cosmic Cowboy. You're gonna love it.
- Cosmic Cowboy is a beer from Jensen's Family Business Beer Co. located in Austin, Texas.
And just look at you now. Do you remember visiting my reading room? The shelves and shelves of notebooks describing the ways you might die?
Dean: Yeah. Upbeat classics.
Billie: Well, its the funniest thing, but they've all been rewritten. They all end the same way now -- with the archangel Michael escaping your mind and using you as his vessel to burn down this world.
Dean: All of them?
Billie: All of them. Except one.
- Billie revealing to Dean how his death's have all been rewritten as the same thing -- Michael escaping and destroying the world -- except for one, is a reference to Avengers: Infinity War, where Doctor Strange looks into fourteen million, six hundred and five possible outcomes against Thanos, all of which result in their defeat, except for one.
Okay listen, back when Gadreel possessed me, he... he created I don't know, like a fake world inside my head. But Crowley was able to force his way in, he showed me how to take control and I drove the angel out.
- This refers to the events of 9.10 Road Trip.
What is that?
Sam" Its the uh, messed up British Men of Letter] thing they use to get inside people's heads.
- The device Sam refers to is the same one Lady Antonia Bevell used to brainwash Mary Winchester and then to get Dean into her head in 12.22 Who We Are to save Mary.
Dean: What'd you say?
- In 9.10 Road Trip, Dean told Crowley that "Poughkeepsie" is Sam and Dean's distress signal meaning to drop everything and run while Crowley was trying to help free Sam from Gadreel.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts