- "Searchin' for a Rainbow" by The Marshall Tucker Band
- (playing in Rocky's Bar as Dean prepares the "house special" for Pamela)
Michael: You fellas didn't think this out did ya? Even if you could force me out, what do you think I'd leave behind? Hmm? You'd be nothing but blood and bone.
Dean: Then we don't kick him out. We keep him in. It'll hold. My mind, my rules. I got him. I'm the Cage.
: Dean. So... not all good news. I did say I'd see you again soon.
Dean: You coulda knocked.
Billie: I figured all that banging on the door in your head was enough.
Dean: Michael's all locked up.
Billie: Seems that way.
Dean: Sam said that one of your Reapers really came through with the assist. I'm... thinking that was probably you.
Billie: Don't tell anyone.
Dean: You broke the rules.
Billie: I took a calculated risk. I warned you. About the dangers of jumping from world to world. But you ignored me, didn't you?
Dean: Rescuing Mom and Jack, helping out those other folks -- I'd say it was worth it.
Billie: And just look at you now. Do you remember visiting my reading room? The shelves and shelves of notebooks describing the ways you might die?
Dean: Yeah. Upbeat classics.
Billie: Well, its the funniest thing, but they've all been rewritten. They all end the same way now -- with the archangel Michael escaping your mind and using you as his vessel to burn down this world.
Dean: All of them?
Billie: All of them. Except one.
Dean: What am I supposed to do with this?
: That's up to you.
Trivia & References
"Nihilism" is the belief that nothing in life matters, and everything is meaningless. It is also a reference to Michael's state of mind since he believes that God
has come to consider the Winchesters' world and Apocalypse World
"failed drafts" and they are thus meaningless.
I got this great IPA from Austin -- Cosmic Cowboy. You're gonna love it.
- Cosmic Cowboy is a beer from Jensen's Family Business Beer Co. located in Austin, Texas.
I remember. I remember everything.
- This is similar to the end of the movie Resident Evil: Apocalypse where the protagonist Alice, after having amnesia, suddenly experiences flashbacks of her life and announces that she remembers everything before fighting back.
revealing to Dean how his death's have all been rewritten as the same thing -- Michael escaping and destroying the world -- except for one, is a reference to Avengers: Infinity War
, where Doctor Strange looks into fourteen million, six hundred and five possible outcomes against Thanos, all of which result in their defeat, except for one.
Okay listen, back when Gadreel possessed me, he... he created I don't know, like a fake world inside my head. But Crowley was able to force his way in, he showed me how to take control and I drove the angel out.
- This refers to the events of 9.10 Road Trip.
What is that?
Sam: Its the uh, messed up British Men of Letters thing they use to get inside people's heads.
- The device Sam refers to is the same one Lady Antonia Bevell used to brainwash Mary Winchester and then to get Dean into her head in 12.22 Who We Are to save Mary.
Dean: What'd you say?
- In 9.10 Road Trip, Dean told Crowley that "Poughkeepsie" is Sam and Dean's distress signal meaning to drop everything and run while Crowley was trying to help free Sam from Gadreel.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts