- (playing in the tattoo shop while Jack gets warding tattoos)
- "Graveyard Shift" by Lynda Kay
- (playing in the bar as Dean is speaking with the "waitress")
I am Asmodeus.
Drexel: Fourth Prince of Hell.
Here to rule until such time until Lucifer returns with his son, and there's gonna be some changes. The underperforming and ineffective, the corporate lackeys of the Crowley era are being purged. The grand ol' days of fire and brimstone are back. The following will step forward: Mr. Drexel, Mr. Harrington, Mr. Sierra. As for the rest of ya'll... There's a new sheriff in town.
Sam: Hey, we still got probably twelve hours until we're home. Do you want me to drive?
Dean: Do I ever want you to drive?
Dean: Wait, wait, wait, wait. How old do you think you are?
Jack: Three days, seventeen hours, and forty-two minutes.
I tell you what, you got some special skills Jack. That's for sure. You just need to make sure to get a grip on them, so -- so you don't hurt anybody.
Jack: Is that why Dean hates me?
Sam: Dean doesn't hate you. It -- look sometimes the wires in Dean's head get crossed, and -- and he gets frustrated, and then he mixes frustration with anger and -- and fear.
Jack: Why would he be afraid.
Sam: Because Dean feels like it's his job to protect everyone, and right now we need to protect you. But we also we may need to protect people from you.
Jack: Maybe I'm not worth all this.
Your mom thought you were. So did Cas. So do I
Lucifer: You're welcome. Ah, Mary in case you didn't notice it, but you left without me. What is wrong with you, we need each other. This is a win-win situation. Okay? We get out of this theme park and we get our boys back.
Mary: You think I want you to win?
Alright, you know what? I know what's going on here.
Dean: Oh, okay. Please tell me what's going on here?
You. Thinking that Mom is gone and Cas is gone and that Jack can't be saved. Dean, after everything we've gone through, we just lost people we love. People who have been in our lives a long time, everything's upside down. I get it. But we've been down before, I mean rock bottom. But we find a way and fix it, because that's what we do. And Jack wants to do the right thing, Jack's scared to death of who he is and he's scared of you.
Lucifer: Are you tired? Really? You know what? Let me tell you a couple of things. First of all we need to blow this taco stand, before who knows what happens to my son. And second of all, you're the reason we're even stuck in this literally God forsaken place to begin with, so I'm sorry you're tired. It's not my fault you were born a wimpy little human, with your wimpy little lungs and wimpy little legs.
You are Lucifer. I can feel it. But how is that even possible?
Lucifer: You know alternate universes, inter-dimensional travel, blah, blah, blah. It's her fault. I buy that you're Michael. But you sorta seem like a cheap knockoff to the one I left behind. And he's a hot mess.
I killed my Lucifer. Tore him apart in the skies over Abilene. But hey, can't get enough of a good thing.
Sam: Dean wait a second. The kid came through for us today. Jack saved us.
Dean: No. No, whatever that was, that was reflex. That was a sneeze. Maybe the next time he sneezes, he kills us.
Okay, what the hell? Gimme that. Don't be an idiot? Look, A, this isn't going to do anything to you, okay? And B, what the hell?
Jack: Exactly. What the hell am I? I can't control... whatever this is. I will hurt someone.
Dean: You know my brother thinks you can be saved.
Jack: You don't believe that.
Dean: No, I don't.
Jack: So, if you're right?
If I'm right, and it comes to killing you. I'll be the one to do it.
Trivia & References
Lord Lucifer promised he would return. He'll pull us out of chaos. He will make Hell great again.
- "Make Hell great again" is a play on the Donald Trump presidential campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again."
Long ago. Eager to please, I freed the shedim
- In Jewish folklore, the shedim are considered demons or evil spirits. They are believed to be the descendants of serpent-like demons, or alternately the spawn of the demon Azazel and Naamah; in one legend they are thought to have been the first humans, whom God did not complete due to needing to rest on the Sabbath. In Jewish and Islamic lore, the shedim are said to be the followers of Asmodeus, who is their king.
Jack first opens the Bible
to the Song of Solomon.
This book of the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Old Testament is a celebration of sex. This may be a reference to Asmodeus who is considered the demon of lust.
This book, it mentions my Father. Not Castiel, but Lucifer.
Dean: Oh, yeah. He's big in the Bible, lot of screen time.
Jack: And you knew him?
Sam: He's not really an easy guy to know, he's rough around the edges.
Dean: He's Satan.
- Lucifer appears most famously in Isaiah 14:12, where a translation using the Latin Vulgate, took the phrase "morning star" and subbed it with "lucifer."
- "How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, 'I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.' But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: 'Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?'"
- It is believed by modern scholars that the the "morning star" was not referencing a fallen angel, rather an unnamed king of Babylon.
Donatello: Pretty much. No soul of course, thanks to Amara. It's kinda like losing your appendix; you never really noticed it when you had it. But now when I come to a moral crossroad, I ask myself, 'What would Mr. Rogers do?' And as soon as I nail that, I'm usually good.
- "Mr Rogers" refers to Fred Rogers the kindly host of the children's show Mister Roger's Neighborhood.
Ah, the nature versus nurture conundrum. Speaking not as prophet, but as a scientist. I don't think teaching him is in the cards. It's like asking a lion not to be a lion.
Sam: But this isn't a lion! This is a human!
Donatello: With a strong dose of God juice.
Dean: Okay, that's it I'm done. Because he's not God, he's not Cas, he' not Simba. He's the freakin' Devil.
- "The nature versus nurture conundrum" refers to the question of whether aspects of a person's character are primarily shaped by their genetics (nature) or the environment of their upbringing (nurture).
- Simba is a character from the Disney film The Lion King (which was inspired by William Shakespeare's Hamlet). Simba is the son of the King of the Lions, and destined to become King himself.
Was he kidding? Even in the land of bizarro, an angel isn't gonna try to...
- "Land of the bizarro" refers to a term originated in Superman comics but which has since become widely used for an alternate universe that is similar to our world but different in some significant way.
These yellow-eyed things just keep on coming, huh?
Dean: Mmhmm. Yeah, hopefully this fourth Prince of Hell is the last Kardashian of the family.
- The Kardashians are a family who became famous through a long-running reality TV series based around them.
The name of the bar where Dean
goes to get a drink, Black Spur Bar, was previously used in 10.01 Black
and was located at 156 Knife River Road, Beulah, North Dakota.
For the first time since 9.11 First Born
, John's Journal
is used again to help on a case. Prior to "First Born," it was used as a source of information at least once a season. Since "First Born," it has only appeared a few times in Mary
's possession during season 12.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts