- "It's All Good Lovin' to Me" by Sleestak (Black Toast Music)
- (playing in the bar as Sam and Dean review surveillance footage)
- "Raggedy Ann" by Tirra Dent
- (sung by Catriona as she is torturing Rowena)
- "Broomstick Cowboy" by Bobby Goldsboro
- (plays over the ending montage)
Dean: Right. Right. Yes, the Devil baby mama drama. Say that five times fast. Devil baby mama drama.
This is serious. Look, I think Dean's been hexed, okay? He-He's been forgetting things.
Rowena: Maybe he's just drunk. Oi!
He's not drunk.
Dean: First action in I don't know how long, and it's like it never even happened. Figures.
Sam: Ha. See, now that's comedy.
I'm trying to read my lips. 'Now salsa you mittens.'
Sam: You can't read lips.
I can't read lips.
Wait a second. So you can't break it?
Rowena: Oh, of course I could, but witchcraft this complex would take time, more than Dean's got. He's already begun to forget himself, everyone he's ever known, ever loved. Even you. Soon, he'll forget how to speak, how to swallow, and then... Dean Winchester's going to die.
Sucks for that guy.
Sam: You know, I've seen my brother die, but watching him become... not him... This might actually be worse.
Dean: Okay. My name is Dean Winchester. Sam is my brother. Uh, Mary Winchester is my mom. And Cast- Cas is my best friend.
Dean: Look at his face. Oh! Kind of like that time I ate all your Halloween candy. You remember that? Classic.
Sam: Not funny.
You know I gotta be honest, I was actually, uh, a little jealous at first.
Dean: Of what? The curse that nearly killed me?
Sam: No, just, you know... Some of the things we've done, we've had this weight for... Forever. And seeing it gone, uh, you looked happy.
Huh. Well, look, was it nice to drop our baggage? Yeah, maybe. Hell, probably. But it wasn't just the crap that got lost. I mean, it was everything. It was us, it was what we do, you know? All of it. So... That's what happy looks like? I think I'll pass.
Trivia & References
"Regarding Dean" is a reference to the 1991 film Regarding Henry
, about a lawyer who struggles with his memory after a shooting.
Okay, one, the Rat Pack partied till the day they died. And B, I can still kick your ass.
- The Rat Pack was a group of actors that consisted of Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and Peter Lawford. They appeared in several movies together.
Ugh. Witches. Well, I guess it's true what they say. Mo money, mo problems.
- "Mo Money, Mo Problems" is a 1997 song by The Notorious B.I.G.
Listen, man, I-I know we haven't had it easy lately. This thing with the Devil's kid and getting tossed into West Guantanamo makes me want to crawl into a bottle, too, sometimes, but... Dude, you're wrecked. And we got a case to work, so get it together, alright?
- Guantanamo Naval Base, usually shortened to Guantanamo or Guantanamo Bay, contains a military prison that infamously tortures its prisoners and denies them basic human rights.
Dude... If a witch got a clear shot of me, I would be dead, okay? I wouldn't be freakin' uh... Dory.
Dean: I'm not gonna apologize for loving that fish. Not to you, not to anyone.
- A reference to the Finding Nemo and Finding Dory character of the same name, who had memory issues.
Right. Okay. All right. If you're doing so well, name all the members of Bon Jovi.
Dean: Okay. Uh, we talkin' circa 1983?
- Bon Jovi is an American rock band that formed in 1983. Its members then were lead singer and guitarist Jon Bon Jovi, guitarist Richie Sambora, keyboard player David Bryan, bassist Alec John Such and drummer Tico Torres. Though Dean has said "Bon Jovi rocks, on occasion" there is no knowing if he would actually have known the line-up.
From the neck down, is he smooth like a Ken doll?
Sam: I don't know. Uh, and I'm not checking either.
- Ken is a toy doll introduced by Mattel in 1961 as the "boyfriend" of Barbie.
So this spell, I'm stuck in some sort of Memento
- Memento is a 2000 neo-noir thriller written and directed by Christopher Nolan. In it, Guy Pearce plays Leonard Shelby, who suffers from anterograde amnesia as a result of trauma.
use the aliases "Agents Moon and Entwistle," references to Keith Moon and John Entwistle of The Who.
Last night, you told me your name was Springsteen. Like the Boss.
- Bruce Springsteen is a famous American musician, who is known by the nickname "The Boss".
It's like watching myself on Netflix.
- Netflix is a website or app that a person can watch various TV shows and movies on. At the time of the episode's airing, the first eleven seasons of Supernatural were up on Netflix.
Uh, Dean, do you remember HBO?
- HBO and Cinemax are American pay cable channels. Cinemax is often jokingly referred to as "Skinemax" due to its penchant for showing softcore porn during the late-night hours. Skinemax HD is a Canadian adult entertainment channel.
Rowena: Excuse me?
- Raggedy Ann is a rag doll character from a series of early 20th century illustrated children's books.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts