The Network Upfronts are held each May, in the last week of sweeps week. Each network has a separate session in which to promote its programming for the next year, and showcase new shows. Over recent years, renewal, cancellation or pickup announcements will be made earlier.
A tense wait for fans as the finale had aired on May 4th, with no word as to whether the show would be picked up by the new CW network, resulting from the merger of The WB and UPN. Supernatural was confirmed at the Upfronts, to air on Thursdays on The CW.
- WB Upfront Show Promo (including Supernatural)
- Jared and Jensen joke around with Michael Rosenbaum
- Jensen comments on the WWE
- Jared and Jensen talk about whats to come on Season 2
- Jared and Jensen on stage with Tom Welling
- Upfront After Party Gallery
It had been six years since Supernatural last featured at the Upfronts...
It was announced that Supernatural would move to Wednesday nights at 9pm after the new series Arrow. The CW fall season would start in October for all shows, and there would be fewer breaks during the season.
Network boss Mark Pedowitz said of Supernatural's future that they were not looking at Season 8 “as the final year in any way, shape or form.” source
- Jared with Scott Porter from Heart of Dixie by @MattMitovich
- Jared by @TVGuideMagazine
- Jensen by @RobynRossTVG
- Jensen by @TVGuideMagazine
- Jared and Stephen Amell by @EricIGN
- Jensen by @EWSandraG
- Jared and Jensen by @EricIGN
- HQ Pics of Jensen
- HQ Pics of Jared
- HQ Pics of Jared and Jensen
- Pics of Jared and Jensen by Buzzfocus
- HQ Pics of Jared
- J2 leaving the Upfronts, J2, Jared, Jensen, Jensen by teppoe
- Jensen at Tribune broadcast party
- Jensen with Stephen Amell by Stephen Amell
- Video Interview with Jared by zap2it
- E!Online Video Interview with Jensen
- US Magazine Interview with Jensen
- Jared and Jensen talk the finale with TVLine
- Jared talks about fatherhood by TheInsider
- Jared and Jensen talks the finale, and Season 8 by TV Guide
- Interview with Jensen by Laura Prudom of Huffington Post
- Mark Pedowitz on Supernatural's future.
In 2014, Supernatural was celebrated for its upcoming 10th season, and for Season 9 having the highest ratings in four years. Jensen, Jared and Misha all attended The CW Network's 2014 Upfronts. It started with the CW Affiliates dinner on May 14th, followed by press, the stage presentation and after party on May 15th.
[CW President Mark Pedowitz announced that Supernatural would stay on Tuesday nights, with new Arrow spin-off The Flash as its lead in. It showed how much faith the network has in Supernatural, to pair it with its hottest new property. Pedowitz said that while the proposed Supernatural spin-off Supernatural: Bloodlines “just didn’t quite get there” creatively, he as a "real brand" and was keen to revisit the idea for Season 10 with the creative team of Supernatural over summer.
CW Affiliates Dinner - May 15th
- Jared and Jensen on stage by BellucciPR
- Jared, Misha and Jensen by @Chico6
- Misha and Jensen by #jimmydepaul
CW Upfronts - May16th
- Sotrified Pictures and news from the the 2014 Upfronts
- Video of Jared talking about his relationship with Jensen
- Sizzle reel for the CW's Fall Lineup
WARNING - contain spoielrs for the Season 9 finale
- Misha on the Season finale by IGN
- Misha on a musical episode and more by TVFanatic
- Jensen on the Pilot, the Finale and directing in Season 10 by TV Fanatic
- Jensen on Dean in the finale by IGN
- Jared on the finale by TV Fanatic
- Jared on Sam in the finale and the show's longevity by IGN
Jared and Jensen appeared at the CW Network's Upfront presentation in New York. With the show's Season 13 renewal already announced earlier in the year, the main news was that Season 13 Supernatural would have an animated episode set in the universe of Scooby-Doo. At Jus In Bello Italy 2017 Jared and Jensen confirmed it would be the 16th episodes, and that they along with Misha, had already recorded the dialogue for the episode at Bryan Adams studio in Vancouver.
It was also announced that Supernatural would retain its 8pm Thursday slot for the next season, although it would now be followed by Arrow.
- Photos of Jared and Jensen at the Upfronts.
Jared, Jensen and Misha appeared at the CW Network's Upfront presentation held at The London Hotel on Thursday (May 17) in New York, with their presentation focusing on their 14th season and upcoming 300th episode. Earlier in the day CW President Mark Pedowitz had confirmed that the Wayward Sisters spin-off would not be picked up as it was not "creatively where they wanted it to be."
- Video interview with Jared, Jensen and Misha
- Mark Pedowitz talks about Wayward Sisters by Deadline.
- Misha talks about the Season 13 finale, and the 300th episode by TVLine
- Jensen talks about his friendship with Jared by E!News
- Misha talks about Wayward Sisters by TVGuide
- Photos of Jared, Jensen and Misha on the red carpet by Just Jared
- Photos of Jared, Jensen and Misha on the red carpet by Popsugar
- Jared talks about what keeps Superantural fresh by extratv
- Jensen on playing a new character by TV Insider
- Misha Collins on the finale and Season 14 by TVLine
Jared, Misha and Jensen appeared at the CW Network Upfront presentation held on Thursday May 16 in New York, with their presentation focusing on the final season. It was confirmed that the show would remain on Thursdays at 8pm for Season 15.
CW president Mark Pedowitz admitted “It was a puddle of tears from everybody.” when Jared and Jensen told him they wished to finish up the show. “It was about family, about seeing their kids grow up. They wanted to go out when the show was still as strong as possible. And as much as I probably begged for them not to do this, I understood... and basically we all were on the same page.”
Jared and Jensen confirmed they would be meeting with showrunners Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer and the writers in Los Angles in a couple of weeks to discuss the direction of the final season. Asked what they thought the final episode would bring, Jensen quoted the late Kim Manners who had said "Give 'em what they want, in a way they won't expect."
- Supernatural to stay in same slot, Thursdays at 8pm, for final season.
- Video of Jared and Jensen with chef Nusret Gökçe at his Nusr-Et Steakhouse in NYC
- Summary of Season 15 from the CW was - vague!
- Mark Pedowitz on the end of Supernatural in Variety
- Video of J2 talking about the final season by ExtraTV
- J2 talk about a possible ending for the show by TVInsider
- Twitter moment of Upfront pics and coverage
- Jensen posted a copy of the selfie to his IG and added "The last Upfronts for #supernatural ended with heavy emotions. Thank you CW and WB...and all the Advertising folks that have supported this journey for so many years. It’s truly an honor. And congrats to all the amazing talent we got to hang out with today. Go kill it y’all. Now excuse us while we go kick this last season in the ass!!! #spnfamily #CWfamily"
- Jared, Jensen and Misha talk about the end of the show
- Gallery of Upfront photos by Jaredpadalecki.com.br
- Gallery of Upfront photos by Jensen Ackles Network
Supernatural may have ended but the CW Upfronts were still dominated by Jared, Jensen and Misha. They appeared on stage with CEO Mark Pedowitz, jokingly pitching shows to him, and taking an on-stage selfie which Misha tweeted saying "The boys are back in town. #CWUpfront. Later Jared took a selfie of the whole CW crew.
- Jared, Jensen and Misha on stage during the Upfronts pitching shows
- Supernatural’ Trio Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins Reunite to ‘Pitch’ Ideas at CW Upfront
- Variety previews The Winchesters, Walker: Independence and Gotham Knights
- Jensen talks about reuniting with Jared and Misha
- Stevie Wonder was the surprise musical guest.
- Upfronts wrap up by Winchester Family Business
The Winchesters will debut in the fall on Tuesday nights at 8pm.
Walker Independence will air at 9pm after Walker on Thursday night.
- Trailer for Walker: Independence
- Philemon Chambers and Kat McNamara say that Walker: Independence is "not the western you're expecting".
Gotham Knights will have a mid-season launch, probably in January 2023.
- Misha on not having to work with Jared and Jensen
- Misha talks about what Harvey Dent Has in Common With Castiel by TVInsider