Timeline (Season 3)
- Days spent on each case include the day after they solve them, if it is shown in the episode.
- Day counts assume one driving day in cases when the boys hear about the case and must travel to the location, unless otherwise stated.
- Day counts count partial days as full days (meaning if an episode starts late at night, that night counts as a day)
- Priority of information sources: A)Dialogue, B)Logic, C)Art/Props Department, D)Other Official Sources, E)Conjecture.
- 1 May 2007 - 3.01 The Magnificent Seven
- 2 Unknown 2007 - 3.02 The Kids Are Alright
- 3 Unknown 2007 - 3.03 Bad Day At Black Rock
- 4 Early July 2007 - 3.04 Sin City
- 5 October 24-26th, 2007 - 3.05 Bedtime Stories
- 6 ~Late October/Early November, 2007 - 3.06 Red Sky At Morning
- 7 November 2007 - 3.07 Fresh Blood
- 8 December 22nd-25th, 2007 - 3.08 A Very Supernatural Christmas
- 9 Unknown 2008 - 3.09 Malleus Maleficarum
- 10 Unknown 2008 - 3.10 Dream a Little Dream of Me
- 11 Unknown Tuesday 2008 - 3.11 Mystery Spot
- 12 Unknown 2008 - 3.12 Jus in Bello
- 13 February 29th, 2008 - 3.13 Ghostfacers
- 14 Unknown 2008 - 3.14 Long-Distance Call
- 15 Early April 2008 - 3.15 Time Is On My Side
- 16 (Optional) April 2008 - 7.15 Repo Man
- 17 May 1st-2nd, 2008 3.16 No Rest for the Wicked
- 18 Additional Timelines
May 2007 - 3.01 The Magnificent Seven
Day Count: 4
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Bobby and the boys spend 4 days fighting The Magnificent Seven deadly sins in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- They say it's been 5 days since the Devil's Gate was opened.
Unknown 2007 - 3.02 The Kids Are Alright
Day Count: 2 or 3
Location: Cicero, Indiana
Sam and Dean head to Cicero, Indiana, so that Dean can catch up with an old flame named Lisa Braeden. He also meets her son Ben and discovers that some of The Kids Are Alright, and some of them aren't. They spend 2 or 3 days there.
- The boys never change outfits in this episode, but I highly doubt that the whole thing happens over just one day.
Unknown 2007 - 3.03 Bad Day At Black Rock
Day Count: 3 or 4
Location: Black Rock, NY (near Buffalo, NY).
The boys get a call on their Dad's cell phone informing them of a break-in at a storage locker. Sam ends up having A Bad Day At Black Rock, NY (near Buffalo), where they spend 3 or 4 days (depending on distance from Buffalo at time of call) trying to track down what was stolen.
- This episode occurs shortly after the previous episode, based on subject matter of their first conversation.
Early July 2007 - 3.04 Sin City
Day Count: 5
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Elizabethville, Ohio
Sam and Dean leave Bobby's house and head to Elizabethville, Ohio, spending 5 days trying to figure out what has turned the once quiet town into Sin City.
- Given the starting point of Bobby's place, I've added 2 extra days for travel.
- The boys confirm that it has been two months since they opened the Devil's Gate.
October 24-26th, 2007 - 3.05 Bedtime Stories
Day Count: 3
Location: Maple Springs, NY
Sam and Dean head to Maple Springs, NY, for 3 days, where they run into a spirit obsessed with Bedtime Stories.
- The episode opens on the evening of Wednesday, Oct 24th. When the boys think it's a werewolf, Sam says that the full moon is on Friday, and Dean says that gives them two days - there was a full moon on October 26th, 2007. We know it is October, because when they see the pumpkin, Dean says that it is close to Halloween.
~Late October/Early November, 2007 - 3.06 Red Sky At Morning
Day Count: 5
Dean and Sam spend 5 days on the coast of Massachusetts investigating a ghost ship.
- By the conversation between the brothers in the first Winchester scene, we can assume that not that much time has passed since the last episode
November 2007 - 3.07 Fresh Blood
Day Count: 4
Dean and Sam hunt a vampire in search of Fresh Blood for his family, meanwhile Gordon renews his hunt for Sam. The episode covers 4 days, with the first scene with Gordan taking place the same night as the first scene with the Winchesters.
- Gordon tells Bela that he knows she was just in Massachusetts with the Winchesters - of course, that doesn't tell us how much time has passed since then, but it has probably not been that much.
December 22nd-25th, 2007 - 3.08 A Very Supernatural Christmas
Day Count: 3
Location: Yypsilanti, Michigan
The boys enjoy A Very Supernatural Christmas in Yypsilanti, Michigan.
- The first scene has a woman telling them that it is 3 days until Christmas, arguably, we don't know if she means exclusively or inclusively, but let's not be nit-picky.
Unknown 2008 - 3.09 Malleus Maleficarum
Day Count: 2
Dean and Sam spend 2 days tracking down a coven of witches.
Unknown 2008 - 3.10 Dream a Little Dream of Me
Day Count: 6
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The boys come to Bobby's aid, when he falls victim to a dreamwalker in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They spend 6 days in this episode.
Unknown Tuesday 2008 - 3.11 Mystery Spot
Day Count: 2 days (Dean); 100+ days and 6 months (Sam)
Location: Broward County, Florida
Sam gets trapped in a time loop while checking out the Mystery Spot in Broward, Florida.
- Only 2 days pass for Dean, but Sam experiences over 100 Tuesdays, plus an extra 6 months, before he returns to Dean's Wednesday.
Unknown 2008 - 3.12 Jus in Bello
Day Count: 24 hours (2 days)
Location: Monument, Colorado
Sam and Dean are arrested in Monument, Colorado. They spend the next 24 hours in jail, trying to defend themselves and Agent Henriksen from a demon siege.
February 29th, 2008 - 3.13 Ghostfacers
Day Count: 2 or 3
Location: Unknown (Not Texas)
Dean and Sam run into the Ghostfacers when they hunt a leap-year ghost at Morten House in an unknown town (not in Texas).
- They spend only one night at Morton House, but they don't leave town until after the Ghostfacers have edited together the video footage. So, they are probably there 2 or 3 days.
Unknown 2008 - 3.14 Long-Distance Call
Day Count: 3
Location: Milan, Ohio
The boys spend 3 days in Milan, Ohio, where people are receiving a Long-Distance Call from the dead.
Early April 2008 - 3.15 Time Is On My Side
Day Count: ~3
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
Sam cannot say "Time Is On My Side", when, with only three weeks to go until Dean's deal is up, he seeks out an immortal organ harvester near Erie, Pennsylvania. This episode spans around 3 days, give or take.
- Rufus confirms that Dean has “3 weeks left”
(Optional) April 2008 - 7.15 Repo Man
Day Count: Unknown
Location: Couer d'Alene, Idaho
Dean and Sam track a serial killing demon in Couer d’Alene, Idaho.
- A flashback in Season 7, states "4 years previously", but due to a continuity error in Season 6, it is unclear whether this event takes place during Season 3 or Season 4.
- If it takes place in S3, then it would take place between 3.15 Time is On My Side and 3.16 No Rest for the Wicked – as they only learn that Lilith holds Dean’s contract at the end of 3.15. Though, they have known that Lilith is after Sam since 3.12 Jus in Bello. At the beginning of 3.15, we already see Dean torturing a demon in order to get more information on who holds his contract – so Dean torturing the demon possessing Jeffrey for information on Lilith would make sense plot-wise
May 1st-2nd, 2008 3.16 No Rest for the Wicked
Day Count: 30 hours (2 days)
Location: New Harmony, Indiana
With just 30 hours left until Dean's deal comes due, the boys and Bobby work around the clock in a last ditch effort to save him. There is No Rest For The Wicked, as the boys drive to New Harmony, Indiana.
All Information for this Timeline taken from hells_half_acre's SPN Timeline
- Season 3 Timeline - Compiled by killa