Season 8 Interviews
All interviews linked on this page are spoiler free.
- The Supernatural Visual FX team talks to the Vancouver Film School.
- Supernatural writer Andrew Dabb has written the latest installment of Legends of the Dark Knight You can buy it here.
- Supernatural writer Adam Glass talks about Supernatural, Suicide Squad and violence in genre in this interview with Comic Book resources.
- Ty talks about Benny's backstory and story arc and finding fandom with Huff Post (spoilers).
- Jensen and Jared on MTV's Ten on Top.
- Jared talks fatherhood and Sam in season 8 by Zap2It.
- Misha talks about Castiel in season 8 with the TVOvermind (spoilers).
- Richard Speight and Matt Cohen talk to Fangasm.
- Interview with DJ Qualls with AssignmentX.
- Rush TV interview with Osric Chau.
- Tidbit about Sam and Amelia's storyline by EOnline.
- Interview with Ty Olsson about Benny and Supernatural fandom.
- "Seeing my son sick is hard" - Jared talks about fatherhood by celebrity babies.
- Ben Edlund talks about his next episode and what the new mythology means for Sam and Dean (major spoilers):
- Jared and Jensen talk season 8 with the tvwatchtower.
- Jeremy Carver talks about Ben Edlund's next episode by InsideTV.
- Find out what scares the Supernatural Writers by USA Today.
- Jeremy Carver talks about the finale with Huff Post.
- Misha's panel at the Calgary Expo.
- Jeremy Carver talks about the final episodes of Season 8 with Eric Goldman
- Jeremy Carver talks Sam Winchester by Zap2It.
- Acting graduates from Vancouver Film School talk about their roles on Supernatural.
- New photos of Jared and Jensen at the WB Mondo International Press Tour.
- Read about how the character of Garth was created in the writers' room by Dan Loflin and DJ Qualls talks about playing Garth.
- Supernatural writers Andrew Dabb, Daniel Loflin, Adam Glass, Robbie Thompson and Jenny Klein talk about what they love about working on the show, and their view on the current season in this interview with ComicBookResources.
From the CW Upfronts:
- Supernatural will move to Wednesdays at 9pm after the series "Arrow"
- Jensen Ackles to direct the first episode
- Season 8 will have 23 episodes
- News about Castiel
- Jared and Jensen talk about Season 8 by TV Guide
30th May 2012:
- Bob Singer comments on where S8 will pick up from TV Guide
- Interview with Rick Worthy by WFB
- CW announces Season 8 will premiere on October 3rd at 9pm.
10th July: In his first comment as showrunner, Jeremy Carver said:
- "We're always looking for a deeper meaning, because a lot of the monsters of the week are sometimes reflections of what our boys are going through on an emotional level," says Carver, who also enjoys "making the mundane monstrous" and taking things with positive cultural impressions and turning them on their ear.
- "Whether it's an angel or Santa Claus or a teapot, there will be blood. There's pleasure in pain, as it were."
12-15 July: Check the Comic Con 2012 entry for all spoilers from the writers and cast for Season 8.
19th July: Casting for a recurring character by TVLine
27th July: New guest star cast by The Hollywood Reporter
29th July: Recurring actor back in Season 8 by Pop Culture Zoo.
- CW Boss Mark Pedowitz on Supernatural's future by Vlada Geldman
- Jeremy Carver on what to expect in Season 8 and Misha on Cas by Danielle Turchiano
- How often Misha will appear in Season 8
- Misha on castiel in Season 8 by Huffington Post
- Dean and Cas in Season 8 by TVLine
- Jared and Jensen talk Season 8 and being geeky at Comic Con by Young Hollywood
- Jeremy Carver talks about Season 8 to Laura Prudom
- Jeremy Carver comments on a new recurring character with EW
- Indepth interview with Jeremy Carver about Season 8 with Eric Goldman at IGN
- Interview with Misha Collins about Castiel in Season 8, and his fan base by Eric Goldman at IGN
- The official synopsis for Season 8 from the CW
- First ad for Season 8 featuring footage from the new season
- New recurring character cast by Zap2It
From the 27th September publicity set visit:
- Jared talks about Sam in Season 8 with KSitevTV
- Jensen talks about Season 8 with KSitevTV
- Jensen talking about Sam in Season 8 with TVOvermind
- Jared and Misha talk Season 8 with TVOvermind
- Misha talks to Futon Critic
- Jared and Jensen talk about Sam and dean's relationship in Season 8 with Hollywood.com
- Jensen talks Season 8 with the Examiner
- Jared talks Season 8 with the Examiner
- Video Interview Outtakes Misha on Jared's trailer, Jared has a beer, Jensen teases Joshua Jackson by BuddyTV
Showrunners Bob Singer and Jeremy Carver talk about what to expect in Season 8:
- Misha talks to the bloggers, Jared on set, Jared close-up, Smiling Jared, Jensen close up, Cas' trenchcoat in wardrobe, Dean's jeans, Sam's Flower shirt, Jim Michaels with some ducks from Duck Nation
- Tidbit about Sam and Amelia's storyline by Eonline
- Casting and character spoiler for 8.12 Unaired Episode by HuffPost
29th January 2013
30th January 2013
- Bob Singer talks about the second half of the season:
- New recurring character for the end of Season 8 and Season 9.
- A hint about what's coming up for Dean from TVLine
- Jeremy Carver talks Sam Winchester by Zap2It