SPNFamily Crisis Support Network
This project created an online support network to help fans cope with mental health issues such as depression, self-injury, and addiction and including:
- Training for fan volunteers who wish to be crisis responders in their spare time,
- Immediate access to support lifelines for fans in crisis, and
- Local community resources for those needing additional support or information.
You can donate directly to the project here.
On February 16th, Misha updated his twitter that, in the first four days, 10,000 shirts had been sold and 1,500 fans had volunteered.
During the remainder of the campaign, Misha and Jensen posted a number of satirical videos to their Facebook accounts, often satirizing the campaign's message.
- #YouAreNotAlone Thank you.
- Jensen is not alone.
- Jensen's daily reminder.
- Support this campaign and you and a friend could get a trip to Hawaii with the cast of supernatural. No joke.
- You Are Not Alone
- You Are Not Alone (2)
On March 4th, Misha announced in a tweet that 8,500 fans had volunteered to staff the crisis support network so far.