"Moose" is Crowley's nickname for Sam, first used in 5.20 The Devil You Know. Crowley has also shown an affinity for referring to Sam and Dean as the cartoon duo of Bullwinkle (the moose) and Rocky (a squirrel).
- 1 Episodes
- 1.1 5.20 The Devil You Know
- 1.2 6.04 Weekend at Bobby's
- 1.3 7.23 Survival of the Fittest
- 1.4 8.01 We Need to Talk About Kevin
- 1.5 8.02 What's Up, Tiger Mommy?
- 1.6 8.17 Goodbye Stranger
- 1.7 8.22 Clip Show
- 1.8 8.23 Sacrifice
- 1.9 9.04 Slumber Party
- 1.10 9.06 Heaven Can't Wait
- 1.11 9.10 Road Trip
- 1.12 9.16 Blade Runners
- 1.13 9.23 Do You Believe in Miracles?
- 1.14 10.01 Black
- 1.15 10.10 The Hunter Games
- 1.16 10.22 The Prisoner
- 1.17 11.09 O Brother Where Art Thou?
- 1.18 11.10 The Devil in the Details
- 1.19 11.18 Hell's Angel
- 1.20 11.22 We Happy Few
- 1.21 11.23 Alpha and Omega
- 1.22 12.08 LOTUS
- 1.23 12.09 First Blood
- 1.24 12.23 All Along the Watchtower
- 1.25 14.10 Nihilism
- 2 Trivia
- 3 See also
- 4 External links
Crowley: Not yet. Where's your moose?
Crowley: I don't need you fight my battles for me, Moose. Get bent.
Crowley: You got what you wanted – Dick's dead, saved the world. So I want one little prophet. Sorry, Moose. Wish I could help. You certainly got a lot on your plate right now. It looks like you are well and truly... on your own.
Crowley: There's that grade-school zip. Missed it. I really did. Moose. Still with the pork chops. I admire that.
Crowley: Listen to Moose, Squirrel.
Meg: You know, I get why Crowley calls you 'Moose' now. Yes -- angel tablet. Crowley found out Lucifer had it, figures it's stashed in a crypt.
Crowley: Castiel. So, that's who's been poking my boys -- and not in a sexy way. Got a bone to pick with you, moose. After what you did to my poor dog.
Crowley: Oh, Moosie, isn't it obvious? I'm killing everyone you've ever saved -- the damsels in distress, the innocent whippersnappers, the would-be vampire chow -- all of them.
Crowley: Nice try, Squirrel. Moose is doing these trials. Moose signs.
Crowley: Aah! You're miles out of your league, Moose. See you in an hour.
Crowley: How we doing, Moose? Ain't it about time for the next love injection? ♪ Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes ♪ turn and face the strange ♪ ch-ch-changes♪ just gonna have to be a different man ♪ ♪ time may change me, but I can't trace -- ♪
Crowley: Brilliant. Why send in a few grunts when you can send in a knight? Say your prayers, Moose.
Crowley: You did good back there, Moose. I'll deny it if you ever quote me, but I'm a proud man. I'm proud of you.
Crowley: Aah! Aah! Band of Brothers? The Pacific? None of this means anything to you? All those motels, you never once watched HBO, not once? Girls? You're my Marnie, Moose. A-and Hannah -- she just -- she needs to be loved. She deserves it. Don't we all -- you, me -- we deserve to be loved. I deserve to be loved! I just want to be loved.
Crowley: Would it be possible, Moose...I'd like...to ask you a-a favor, Sam. Earlier, when you were confessing back there...what did you say? I only ask because, given my history...it raises the question... Where do I start...to even look for forgiveness? I mean...
Crowley: Hello, Moose.
Crowley: Sorry, Moose. To the last drop.
Crowley: Come on, Moose! Even Dahmer got one telephone call.
Crowley: Can it, Moose.
Crowley: Looks like we need a tiebreaker. Go get Moose, Squirrel. Unless... unless, of course, you can't. That's why you're here, isn't it? The poor giant baby's in trouble again, isn't he?
Crowley: Poor moose. It's always a little tricky keeping up, isn't it?
Crowley: Who would have thunk it, eh, Moose -- you and me, same team, in the trenches. When this is over, we can get matching tattoos.
Crowley: I did good, eh, Moose? Everything on the list. You're welcome.
Crowley: Poor Moose. It's always a little tricky keeping up, isn't it?
Crowley: Brilliant, I must say. I'm speaking of myself, of course. All you two managed to do was get trussed up. Combine a little derring-do on my part, a little dumb muscle from Squirrel, a little bleeding from Moose...
Crowley: Yes, but as long as I have it, it's no good to you. Now, this is the way it's going to go -- I'll hang on to old donkey teeth here until such time as you locate Abaddon. Then you'll destroy her. You're right, Moose. You can't trust me. But, sadly, I can't trust you, either.
Crowley: So this is what you and Moose do, eh? Crisscross the country, searching for evil, order your nitrates, partake of the local attraction.
Crowley: Moose. Took you long enough. Your brother and I were beginning to wonder if you'd hit another dog. You know?
Crowley: Moose. Moose. I'm afraid you haven't allowed yourself to dream quite big enough here. Your brother is very much alive, courtesy of the Mark. And the only demonized soul inside of Dean is his and his alone. Wee bit more twisted, a little more mangled beyond human recognition, but, I can assure you, all his. There, now. Feel better?
Crowley: Think of it -- the King of Hell, Dean Winchester by his side. Together we rule. Together we create the perfect Hell. And all of this that's bloomed between us never ends. We're not ending the party. We're just moving the party. Out with the club circuit, in with the stadium tour. Oh. Did I forget to mention I spoke to Moose earlier?
Crowley: You, Moose, you’re the sane one. You on board with this?
Crowley: Moose! Shooting me from behind. Poor form, even for you. Where’s Dean?
Crowley: Makes your flesh crawl, doesn’t it Moose? I get it. I’m the King of this place. It’s still not my cup of tea.
Crowley: I mean Lucifer needs the Moose. He’s not going to kill him, probably. You versus the Devil... trust me there’s easier ways of committing suicide. We need to focus on Rowena.
Crowley: First impressions can be deceiving, Moose. For instance, I once thought of you as dull and plodding. Oh, never mind. Bad analogy.
Rowena: I'll turn you into a moose -- an actual moose.
Crowley: One little apocalypse and they shut up shop. Quitters. Your round, Moose.
Crowley: Not very charitable, Moose... particularly since, once again, I'm saving both your asses. So, as you know, I'm temporarily persona non grata in my own palace.
Crowley: I do. But whatever's happened to Moose and Squirrel, apparently it's above their pay grade.
Crowley: Moose, a little help here!
- The name of the Deam's dream bar bar and the Moose's head hangs on the wall are references to Crowley's nickname for Dean and Sam, which was Squirrel and Moose - a reference to Rocky the squirrel and Bullwinkle the Moose from the cartoon Rocky and Bullwinkle. In fact,"Moose" became so popular with Crowley that it spread to Jared, other cast members, and the fans. (See all its uses in canon here.)
- There is also a stuffed squirrel wearing an aviator's cap and goggles as Rocky does in the cartoon behind the bar, holding a bottle of Margiekugel -- a beer created for the show that features regularly and is named for Production Designer Jerry Wanek's mother.
- As is often the case - fandom was ahead of the game, and in 2007 Jared Mooselacki was born of karmicunderpath's love of things Canadian and Padalecki.
- Salute to Supernatural Chicago 2010: Mark Sheppard refers to Jared as "Gigantor the talking moose" (Video).
- Salute to Supernatural Nashville 2011: Jared said Sam's patronus would be a moose.
- On June 8, 2011 Jared referred to his Twitter followers as "Moose-kateers." This is a play on "Mousekateers," a name which refers to cast members of The Mickey Mouse Club. That term in itself was a play on musketeer.