Hillywood Supernatural Parody 2
On Aug 16, 2018, Hannah and Hilly Hindi aka The Hillywood Show, second Supernatural parody was posted.. It is a mashup with the original Ghostbusters movie, and features a "Supernatural" version of its theme song.
Dean and Sam are again played by Hilly Hindi and Osric Chau. This video stands out in that it features many current and past Supernatural cast members, playing roles throughput the ten minute video. Louden Swain and Jason Manns also feature. The video recreates many scenes from across Supernatural's 13 seasons as well as many Ghostbusters references. A number of Supernatural cast members play characters from Ghostbusters.
In addition to Osric Chau playing Sam Winchester, the following Supernatural cast members appearing in the parody. Those starred with an asterix are playing versions of characters that appear in Ghostbusters:
- Misha Collins* (Janine Melnitz)
- Mark Pellegrino* (Slimer)
- Rob Benedict* (TV reporter)
- Curtis Armstrong* (Radio News Announcer)
- Richard Speight, Jr.* (Casey Casem)
- Alexander Calvert* (Winston Zeddmore)
- Charlie the Fan Impala* (Ghostbuster mobile)
- Jim Beaver
- Alaina Huffman
- Samantha Ferris
- Chad Lindberg
- Kim Rhodes
- Ruth Connell
- Julian Richings
- Kim Rhodes
- Briana Buckmaster
- Jake Abel
- Jared Padalecki
- Jensen Ackles
Supernatural Easter Eggs
- The boys proton packs have items attached usually found in the weapons box in the Impala, Dean's has a cross, Enochian Brass Knuckles, a throwing star, a little green army man and his pearl handled Colt and a regular revolver. Sam's has an angel blade, rosary beads, a dream catcher and Ruby's knife. Each boys packs has their initials engraved on them as they did in the Impala and the table in the Bunker. They each have an Angel Banishing Sigil.
- Some of Sam and Dean's dance moves reference moves they've done in the gag reels imitating one of the crew (Brad Creasser).
- Most of the outdoor shots of the Impala on the open road were filmed in Kansas.
- The boys eating in the library in the Bunker, Dean not leaving his food behind.
- The Impala
- Alaina Huffman as Audrey Elmer and Teddy the Suicidal Teddy Bear from 4.08 Wishful Thinking
- The giant illuminated Anti-Possession Symbol which is also on the Impala/Ghostbuster mobile doors.
- The person as a sheet in the closet and the kitchen scene from the sitcom theme in 5.08 Changing Channels
- Dean putting salt on the window ledge from 4.01 Lazarus Rising
- Bobby Singer (Jim Beaver)
- Bloody Mary and the giant mirror from 1.05 Bloody Mary
- The boys wearing Hellhound Glasses
- Rowena (Ruth Connell) booping Dean on the nose.
- Salt to stop ghosts
- Giving Adam (played by Jake Abel) a "Get out of here Free" card. Adam is still in Lucifer's Cage, and it has become something of a running gag in fandom that he has never been mentioned since his imprisonment. Adam's Prison Number is 522 - reference to 5.22 Swan Song.
- Richard Speight (Gabriel aka the Trickster) plays a newreader called T.Rickster and has a tie with angels on it. He also references 1.02 Wendigo.
- As the TV reporter, Rob Benedict uses the boys mission line "Saving People; Hunting Things".
- Newspaper front page refers to Dick Roman. The main body text of the newspaper is the story of 1.07 Hook Man. Eric Kripke is referenced in the header of the newspaper.
- Misha (Janine) asks a caller whether "it's an ordinary demon or does it have yellow eyes" - a reference to Azazel.
- Dean is carries a Leviathan head
- Curtis Armstrong as the newsreader is on Angel Radio
- Sam has a pair of ballet shoes - a reference to the cursed shows in 7.16 Out with the Old
- Crowley refers to the boys nicknames - Squirrel and Moose
- Dean's love of pie
- The boys yelling "Sam" and "Dean" to each other
- Dean is chased by Dr. Avery Meadows from 13.05 Advanced Thanatology
- The tandem bike scene and the scene of the boys with flashlights from 5.08 Changing Channels
- Dean jumping on Sam and running through the trees from the gag reel.
- Dean in the plane from 1.04 Phantom Traveler.
- Sam in an elevator with the clown in 11.07 Plush
- The boys yelling "Dean" and "Sammy" to each other when Dean get slimed.
- Dean shooting the Colt to kill Azazel from 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part Two
- The Mystery Spot in Broward County from 3.11 Mystery Spot
- The scene with hanging chains and Dean with a machete is a reference to a 2014 CW promotional spot.
- A shot up at the boys from inside the Impala's trunk. This has been used in the 1.01 Pilot and 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part Two and 10.05 Fan Fiction when one of the Winchesters tosses a gun into the trunk of the Impala and states "we've got work to do."
- The pizza man is played by Julian Richings (Death) who ate pizza with Dean in 5.21 Two Minutes to Midnight. His shirt says "Rest in Pizza" along with a picture of a Grim Reaper, and a piece of Pizza.
- There is a shot recreated from when the cast and crew did the Harlem Shake.
- At the end, Jared and Jensen have the names "Ackles" and "Padalecki" on their jumpsuits.
Ghostbuster Easter Eggs
Aside from the theme song, and the general references such as Sam and Dean's outfits and proton packs, and the Ghostbuster mobile, the following specific scenes referencing Ghostbusters:
- Misha (Janine) taking the call for a job, the boys eating and then swinging into action in the Impala/Ghostbuster mobile.
- Dean (Venkman) faces off with Mark Pellegrino (Slimer) and then Sam (Stantz) finds him "slimed"
- The montage scene with the boys getting dressed in the motel room, newspaper front pages, the TV reporter, News Radio Guy and TV reporter (standing in for voice of Casey Casem on the radio in the movie).
- The shot at the end of "Sam and Dean" along with Jared and Jensen recalls a scene of the four Ghostbusters together at the climax of the movie.
- Misha (Janine) interviewing Alex (Zeddmore).