We oughta check out the history of the building. See if any co-ed ganked herself there.
Gank is a term used by Dean, Sam, other hunters and even Meg, that refers to killing something, usually a monster or demon. It is a verb as used and has usage variations of ganked. Dean continued to use the term even when traveling back in time to 1861 Wyoming in 6.18 Frontierland.
- 1 Episodes
- 1.1 Season 2
- 1.2 Season 3
- 1.3 Season 4
- 1.3.1 4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
- 1.3.2 4.05 Monster Movie
- 1.3.3 4.06 Yellow Fever
- 1.3.4 4.07 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
- 1.3.5 4.10 Heaven and Hell
- 1.3.6 4.11 Family Remains
- 1.3.7 4.14 Sex and Violence
- 1.3.8 4.15 Death Takes a Holiday
- 1.3.9 4.19 Jump the Shark
- 1.3.10 4.20 The Rapture
- 1.4 Season 5
- 1.5 Season 6
- 1.6 Season 7
- 1.7 Season 8
- 1.8 Season 11
- 2 Trivia
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- Dean: We oughta check out the history of the building. See if any co-ed ganked herself there.
- Dean: Like a really hot incredible Hulk. Come on, dude, she ganked her boss and her ex-boyfriend.
- Richie: Oh, man. You should have seen the rack on this broad. Freakin’ tragedy when I had to gank her.
- Dean: Why are witches ganking each other?
- Dean: Echoes are trapped in a loop, okay? They keep replaying how they died over and over and over again, usually in the place where they were ganked. It's about as dangerous as a scary movie.
- Dean: Dude, I’m eating! Alright, let me get this straight. So, people are getting ganked, right?
- Dean: What's the problem? Come on, where do I begin? I mean, first of all, we don't even know if Lilith holds my deal. We're going off of Bela's intel? Now when that bitch breathes, the air comes out crooked. Okay. Second, even if we could get to Lilith, we have no way to gank her. And third, isn't this the same Lilith that wants your giant head on a pike? Should I continue?
- Dean: What the hell is going on here, Bobby? Why did a bunch of ghosts suddenly want to gank off-duty hunters?
- Dean: The hero gets the girl, monster gets the gank. All in all, happy ending – with a happy ending, no less.
- Sam: We gank the ghost that started all this. We do that, the disease should clear up.
- Dean: Okay, great, well now that you’re here, why don’t you tell us where the witch is, we’ll gank her and everybody goes home.
- Dean: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, I know she's wiretapping your angel chats or whatever, but it's no reason to gank her.
- Dean: Okay, so, what, the, she’s been caged up like an animal and she bursts out and ganks dear old dad? Slash grandad.
- Sam: And get this. Third local inside two months to gank his wife. No priors on any of 'em, all happily married.
- Dean: You want me to gank a monster or torch a corpse, hey, let’s light it up, right? But this? If we fix whatever this is, people are gonna start dropping dead. Good people.
- Dean: Yeah, let’s stay here, where the kid’s mom got ganked. Good one.
- Dean: You practically fainted trying to gank a demon.
- Future Dean: I should be asking that question, don't you think? In fact, why don't you give me one good reason why I shouldn't gank you right here and now?
- Sam: Who are apparently ganking their fans.
- Dean: All right. Let’s go gank ourselves a Paris Hilton.
- Dean: Good. I’ve wanted to gank that mother since Mystery Spot.
- Meg: You can't gank demons, can you? You're cut off from the home office and you ain't got the juice. So what can you do, you impotent sap?
- Dr. Cartwright: The truth, Dean. You got Ellen and Jo killed. You shot Lucifer, but you couldn't gank him.
- Dean: I don’t get it. We’re looking for the chick that wants to gank Sam.
- Dean: I don’t know. Gank the girl? The prophet, maybe?
- Sam: Last I checked, she could only be ganked by a servant of Heaven.
- Dean: I-I-I... I don't know. Grab those poor saps outta the freezer, I guess? Bust 'em out? Gank a few freaks along the way if we're lucky? I’m going to help you ice the devil. And then we can all get back to ganking each other, like normal.
- Dean: You know, just before you ganked that shifter in the motel, he mentioned a father, which makes sense now because he meant the Apha.
- Dean (on phone): How do we gank it?
- Sam: He's right. Samuel and I ganked one about six months back on the half-moon. Things have been out of whack for a while now, I guess..
- Dean: Remember when we used to gank demons?
- Dean: Um...Okay, well, if that is big mama – whatever she is, we got zero on ganking her. So what are we gonna do if we run into her? Throw salt and hope? ]
- Sam: What? So – so you mean he wasn’t a monster when I ganked him?
- Bobby: You two just gonna stand there like the ugly girl at the prom, or you gonna pitch in? This so-called Eve, mother of whatever, ain't gonna gank herself. What's wrong with you two?
- Dean: Unless we gank him first.
- Deputy: Gank? What’s gank? Mister you’re crazy. No way. You’re on your own.
- Dean: Well, who ganked them?
- Sam: So, what’s the deal? Um, killer comes to town, ganks a lowlife, moves along?
- Dean: You know, it's bad enough that they're ganking people, wearing our mugs, but now this? Have us driving around in this... this caboodle while Baby's on lockdown.
- Becky: Gank your ass.
- Dean: You can have whatever you want…soon as we gank this thing.
- Dean: So this isn’t about ganking some dickweed parent.
- Dean: And having a little girl watch her pop get ganked by the closet monster – that’s putting her first?
- Garth: Alright Jenny G, your ganking days are over. You’ve been Garth'd.
- Garth: Now two kids get ganked by unknown freak-a-deek.
- Dean: All right, skip to how do we gank it.
- Dean: Last I remember, we ganked Dick.
- Dean: And if Leviathan want to take a shot at us, let ‘em. We ganked those bitches once before. We can do it again.
- Dean: Two hearts ganked, same city, six months apart. I mean, that's got to be a ritual, man. Or at least some sort of a heart-sucking, possessed, satanic, crack-whore bat.
- Sam: Yeah, and that silver can kill him. So... what? Best in show comes here 10 years ago, ganked some poor woman. Then when the dust settles and everything's in the clear, he just sets up shop?
- Sam: And what about my friend, Amy? She was what? 'Cause you sure as hell didn't have a problem ganking her.
- Garth: Yeah. Man, I felt terrible when I ganked that S.O.B.
- Sam: Whoever gets marked gets ganked.
- Dean: Well, you camp here, figure out who whored their soul. I'm gonna go scout the grounds – see if I can't gank Huckleberry Hound before he makes his next move.
- Dean: 'Cause you did just gank a hellhound, which is no slice of pie, and, uh, there is a mine field of who knows what crap ahead. Just want to make sure that you are okay.
- Dean: Look, I like James as much as the next guy, but people are getting ganked here. Besides, Benny, Kate – they were forced to be what they are. James chose this.
- Dean: I'm sorry, is this you trying to talk us out of ganking James or–
- Sam: What, about James? Dude, we were both ready to gank the guy.
- Dean: Think about it. Think about what we know, huh? Pulling souls from hell, curing demons, hell, ganking a hellhound! We have enough knowledge on our side to turn the tide here. But I can't do it without you.
- Sam: Well, let’s say you gank her... then what?
- Cesar: Smelly, dirty. Twice the worrying about getting ganked.
The Urban Dictionary lists one definition of gank as meaning: "To kill a monster," and cites Supernatural as a reference. Other definitions include to steal or within a RPG for multiple players to kill an opponent, where it is a combination of gang and kill.