Full name: Danneel Ackles (born Elta Danneel Graul, she went by Danneel Harris professionally until after her marriage to Jensen)
Born: March 18, 1979, in Lafayette, Louisiana
Spouse: Jensen Ackles
Danneel Harris was born and raised in Louisiana before moving to Los Angeles to study acting. She did some modeling work and in 2004 landed a role in the small independent film The Plight of Clownana, a film was co-produced by Jensen Ackles.
Danneel had guest roles in a number of TV series, and a recurring role as Rachel on the CW’s One Tree Hill. She has appeared in epsiodes of a number of TV Shows including, NCSI, CSI and How I Met Your Mother.
Danneel co-starred with Jensen in Ten Inch Hero which they filmed in 2006.
It is assumed that Jensen and Danneel commenced dating sometime following the filming of Ten Inch Hero - they were seen together in 2007 at a few public events including Jensen's first convention - Asylum 1 2007 and his performances in A Few Good Men. Both have been very private about the relationship, although they became more open about it in 2008 when Danneel accompanied Jensen on a press trip to Australia, and subsequently to some more conventions including Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2009 and All Hell Breaks Loose Sydney 2009. She was with him at Asylum 2009, during which he first spoke about her and talked about the dog they owned together - Icarus.
The couple announced their engagement in 2009 and got married on May 15th 2010. On May 30th, 2013, Danneel gave birth to a daughter - Justice Jay Ackles. Twins Zeppelin Bram and Arrow Rhodes were born on the 2nd December 2016.
- It was announced in late 2017 that Danneel Ackles had been cast in the role of a faith healer called Sister Jo. She first appeared in 13.13 Devil's Bargain. At Salute to Supernatural San Francisco 2017, Jensen said that Danneel appearing on the show had been mentioned over the years, but Danneel wanted to let Jensen have Supernatural as his project. But after the show entered season 13, and she said in passing, “It might be cool to be on the show...” Bob Singer jumped on the idea when Jensen mentioned it to him. Writer Eugenie Ross-Leming created the character of Sister Jo specifically for Danneel.
- 13.13 Devil's Bargain
- 13.18 Bring 'em Back Alive
- 14.01 Stranger in a Strange Land
- 14.17 Game Night
- 15.13 Destiny's Child
Danneel in Fandom
- New York Comic Con Video Interviews with "The Winchesters" Producers Jensen and Danneel Ackles by Nightsky at The Winchester Family Business, Oct. 2022
- Being in the Room at New York Comic Con for "The Winchesters" Behind the Scenes Commentary from Nightsky at The Winchester Family Business, Nov. 2022.
- Six Degrees of Jensen Ackles