31st January:At the Television Critics Association session on 31st January, CW Network President Mark Pedowitz announced the renewal for Season 15, along with his perennial assertion that the show would run “As long as the ratings hold up and the guys (stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) want to do it, it’s really that simple. They have created something about these two brothers that actually transcends.” Pedowitz also lauded the Supernatural's importance to newer CW shows. “The show has been the lead-in or lead-out to all the successful shows on the network.” Given the many other spin-off shows on the network, Pedowitz was asked about the possibility of a Supernatural spin-off. While not ruling out the possibility, he stated that there may not be a franchise beyond the show. This follows the decision not to pick-up the popular and critically acclaimed Wayward Sisters spin-off last year.
22nd March: After telling the crew in Vancouver, Jensen, Jared and Misha recorded a video that they distributed through social media announcing that Supernatural would finish with a 20 episode 15th Season, making a total of 327 episodes when it finishes. Jensen said:
- "We just told the crew that though we’re very very excited about moving into our 15th season, it will be our last. Fifteen years of a show that has certainly changed my life, I know it’s changed these two guys’ life. And we just wanted you to hear from us that though we’re excited about next year, it will be the finale. The big, grand finale of an institution," Ackles said. "I will say this, a little word from Eric Kripke, the creator about this world and these characters, that in a show about family, it is amazing and it is the pride of his life that it became a family. So thank you guys for that."
Showrunners Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer released a statement after the video was released saying:
- “Firstly, we would like to thank all the people who have been involved with the show both in front of and behind the camera. For us it has been an experience of a lifetime. The support we have had from both Warner Bros Television and The CW has been incredible. We’d like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the send off they deserve.”
- Jensen on his Instagram post: "Well, it’s official. One more round for the Winchester brothers. Though nothing ever really ends in Supernatural...does it?"
- Jared on his Instagram post: "Dear #spnfamily, Season 1 @jensenackles and I want you to know that next season, SEASON 15, will be the last season of #supernatural. I am so incredibly grateful for the family that we’ve all built together. I love y’all and am more appreciative of y’all than my meager vocabulary could hope to describe. I’m also typing through tears. So, please forgive me. ‘Til next time. #WinchestersNeverDie"
- Misha on his Instagram post: It’s been a hell of a run, and we couldn’t be more grateful for all of it. No matter what, we’ll always all be #SPNFamily.
- Twitter moment of reactions to the news
- Fandom also tweeted their gratitude under #SPNGaveMe and #ThankfulForSupernatural
- Jared: This was a community decision. The network, the studio, did not say "Get out of here now guys you’re done". (Jared stops because he says he’s getting emotional.)
- Jensen This was not an easy decision…It was months and months, if not years of discussion between he and I, between the rest of the cast, between the crew, between our writers, our producers, between the studio and the network. Nobody wanted to see this show fizzle out. It was everyone wanting to do the biggest service to the show that we could by going out strong. It just seemed like the writing was on the wall as to when that was happening. I think everybody felt that it was coming soon. So it was just taking that leap of faith, going, guys, lets get out the paint and paint our finish line, because what we’ve accomplished is unlike any other.
- I made an analogy last night – it’s like we’re driving the Impala, and we’re headed down the road and it’s like, left you’re going to hit a ramp and go off a cliff and it’s gonna be epic, or right you’re just going to run out of gas about 30 miles down the road in the middle of the desert with nothing around you. I’m like – I’m going left!
- The Hollywood Reporter announces Supernatural's final season
- Entertainment Weekly announces Supernatural's final season
- Deadline announces Supernatural's final season
- Saying Goodbye to ‘Supernatural,’ The Show That Launched a Journalism Career by Danielle Turchiano
- Conclusion of long-running TV show ‘Supernatural’ marks end of an era for B.C. film industry by Global News
- Fans, Rachel Miner and Matt Cohen react to the news by Nerds and Beyond
Pages in category "Season 15"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- 15.01 Unaired Episode
- 15.02 Unaired Episode
- 15.03 Unaired Episode
- 15.04 Unaired Episode
- 15.05 Unaired Episode
- 15.06 Unaired Episode
- 15.07 Unaired Episode
- 15.08 Unaired Episode
- 15.09 Unaired Episode
- 15.10 Unaired Episode
- 15.11 Unaired Episode
- 15.12 Unaired Episode
- 15.13 Unaired Episode
- 15.14 Unaired Episode
- 15.15 Unaired Episode
- 15.16 Unaired Episode
- 15.17 Unaired Episode
- 15.18 Unaired Episode
- 15.19 Unaired Episode
- 15.20 Unaired Episode