|Powers and Abilities||Can destroy the Host of Heaven with a single word, reality warping, telekinesis, teleportation|
|Vulnerabilities||Any killing method|
|Episode(s)||5.06 I Believe the Children Are Our Future|
Cambions are the offspring of demons by human mothers. They are also known as katako or the Antichrist. In 5.06 I Believe the Children Are Our Future, Castiel corrects the idea that the Antichrist is the son of Satan. The Bible, according to Castiel, "gets more wrong than it does right," and the Antichrist is not the son of Lucifer but demon spawn born of humans. This lineage makes them incredibly powerful and with Lucifer on the rise, they become more powerful, so powerful they are capable of "killing the Host of Heaven with one word" according to Castiel. Because of this he is insistent that Jesse Turner - a cambion - must be killed. It is unclear how cambions are conceived; Jesse's mother, Julia Wright, was a virgin when she was used as a demon's host, but no reference was made to the conception. Castiel implies that cambions are hard to create, suggesting that other factors were involved than a choice of host.
Powers and Abilities
- According to Castiel, Jesse can completely destroy and vanquish all the angels in Heaven with a single word.
- Reality Warping: Jesse can easily alter reality and warp the fundamentals of logic and what is natural. In this ability, he made a girl scratch her brains out just by using itching power, and produced the tooth fairy just by thinking he was real, and he made some toy buzzers electrocute people. During a state of panic, Jesse was able to transform angel Castiel into an action figure.
- Telekinesis: Jesse can move objects and people with his mind. He can also achieve terrakinesis just by clenching his fists, allowing him to create minor tremors. He was able to mentally force a demon out of its human host with a glare, and made the ground tremble just by making a fist.
- Teleportation: Jesse can instantly appear anywhere on Earth with just a thought.
Cambion in Lore
According to the Malleus Maleficarum: Cambions are born from a union between a human male and a succubus, or a human female and an incubus. It is a stillbirth that shows no sign of life outside of being alive, meaning that the child has, for example, no pulse and no breath. This continues until the child is about seven years old, when it becomes increasingly difficult to differentiate one from a human. A cambion is usually devilishly cunning, and angelically beautiful, able to persuade even the most strong-hearted individual to do his or her bidding. Most cambions have evil tendencies due to their demon parent.
Other famous cambions are Caliban from Shakespeare's The Tempest and the mage of the King Arthur stories, Merlin, who is also often said to be half human and half demon, and was originally intended to be the Antichrist (Source).
- In the 1.01 Pilot, Sam and Dean find a motel room recently occupied by John Winchester, the walls plastered with his research. Amongst all the paper is one article which talks about Cambion. Whether this is a coincidence or a deliberately placed reference remains to be seen.