British Men of Letters
Let me paint you a picture. Of a world without monsters, or demons, or any of those little buggers that go bump in the night. Of a world where no one has to die because of the supernatural. Of a new world, a better world.
The British Men of Letters are a centuries-old branch of the Men of Letters organization, having been successful in eradicating monsters in Britain where there has not been a monster-related death since 1965. They achieved this through a coordinated and systematic approach to the extermination of monsters. They study the most arcane lore extensively and have developed many weapons using spell work blended with technology. They are trained at an institute called Kendricks Academy. They deploy hunters to undertake the work of killing monsters, while they provide the strategic planning. The hunters are viewed very much as simply a tool in the fight.
The British Men of Letters have been watching the Winchesters for years, ever since they "almost ended the world the first time" when they started the Apocalypse. Some of the British Men of Letters wanted to get involved before now, to help out, but the Elders, the primary leaders in power, wouldn’t allow it. However, once the Winchesters released the Darkness culminating in the Sun nearly dying, the Elders decided that an intervention was required.
Lady Antonia Bevell was sent to make contact with American hunters, but she was recalled after her kidnapping and torturing of Sam Winchester revealed her to be a zealot. Mick Davies took over operational leadership on the British Men of Letters U.S. expansion and started a systematic extermination of monsters in the U.S., starting with the eradication of vampires with "Project V," as well as the recruitment of American hunters to their cause. First Mary, and later Sam, do become convinced that the British Men of Letters may help them wipe out monsters, until their methods and Code prove antithetical to the Winchesters morals. After discovering that Dr. Hess was sending the British Men of Letters to target American Hunters, Sam and Jody lead a hunter incursion to eradicate them, effectively severing all ties.
"The Code" is a set of rules all members of the British Men of Letters are to live by, as a way to ensure all agents execute orders without question, for the good of humankind:
- The British Men of Letters must obey and execute orders from their superiors without question or any remorse under threat of death.
- To enter the next level of training, one young cadet must battle another to the death to prove their loyalty.
- Regardless of good intentions, any monster or human that displays supernatural abilities that can be seen as dangerous are to be killed.
- The death of a Man/Woman of Letters results in the death of the responsible party, no matter what the circumstances may be.
- Any traitors in the organization are interrogated and/or killed whether they are an official member or a hunter working in the organization.
- Desertion is an act punishable by death.
BMOL Mobile Command
The British Men of Letters set up their American base in an abandoned factory somewhere in the American Midwest. The base is made up of a series of modular containers and includes accommodations, computer rooms, offices, a meeting room, a torture chamber, prison cells, and an armory.
- 11.23 Alpha and Omega
- 12.01 Keep Calm and Carry On
- 12.02 Mamma Mia
- 12.04 American Nightmare
- 12.08 LOTUS
- 12.09 First Blood
- 12.13 Family Feud
- 12.14 The Raid
- 12.16 Ladies Drink Free
- 12.17 The British Invasion
- 12.18 The Memory Remains
- 12.20 Twigs & Twine & Tasha Banes
- 12.21 There's Something About Mary
- 12.22 Who We Are
- Dr. Hess - Former Headmistress of Kendricks Academy and high-ranking member of the British Men of Letters. A true believer, Dr. Hess operated in the cold and emotionless manner deemed necessary for the BMOL to succeed in their plans. She was shot and killed in May 2017 by Sheriff Jody Mills during an assault on the BMOL U.S. base of operations.
- Lady Antonia Bevell - A high-level operative in the organization, Lady Bevell took a specific interest in Sam and Dean Winchester, cataloging all the near-apocalyptic incidents they had been party to. After being sent to America to set up the U.S. expansion, she went rogue by kidnapping and torturing Sam Winchester. Lady Bevell was killed by Arthur Ketch in May 2017.
- Ms. Watt - An enforcer in the British Men of Letters, Ms. Watt was a highly skilled fighter and trained in the art of torture. She was sent to America two weeks ahead of Lady Bevell to set up a safe house in Aldrich, Missouri. Ms. Watt was killed in 2017 by Mary Winchester.
- Mick Davies - An operative of the British Men of Letters, Mick was sent to the United States to relieve Lady Bevell of her post and take over the U.S. expansion. During his time in America he offered aid and intelligence to the Winchesters, eventually coming around to their point of view and turning away from the Code. His betrayal of the Code in refusing to murder Eileen Leahy led to his being shot in the back of the head by Arthur Ketch in 2017.
- Mr. Arthur Ketch - An experienced hunter and well-versed in the art of torture, Arthur Ketch was a top agent for the British Men of Letters, typically used for jobs requiring wetwork, torture, or executions. He was deployed to the United States to keep an eye on Sam and Dean Winchester, and to "clean up" should they leave witnesses or other survivors behind on a hunt. Ketch was shot in the head by Mary Winchester and presumed dead in May 2017. After his body was dumped in a waste canal, a resurrection charm in his body, given to him by Rowena, was activated. He is currently excommunicado from the BMOL, keeping a low profile using the alias "Alexander" and working as a hunter/mercenary. If he were to be discovered alive by the BMOL, he would be executed for desertion.
- McGillicuddy - A soldier for the British Men of Letters, McGillicuddy was the first guard to die in the vampire assault on the BMOL Mobile Command.
- Alton Morehead - Was the head of research & development of weaponry and spells for the U.S. expansion. He worked on Project V, which was to be the extermination of all vampires in the United States. He was killed by the Alpha Vampire in 2017 after he and his remaining children in the Midwest assault to British Men of Letters base.
- Serena Colman - Was the head of security for the British Men of Letters Mobile Command. Serena was killed and fed on by the Alpha Vampire when she tried to avenge the death of Alton Morehead during the vampire assault.
- Renny Rawlings - Assistant to Dr. Hess, Renny was also top of his class at Kendricks, a fact he happily bragged about to no one's interest. Sent by Dr. Hess to aid Mick Davies, Renny was accidentally shot and killed in 2017 by Eileen Leahy, who was attempting to kill the Prince of Hell, Dagon.
- Paige - A technician in the British Men of Letters Mobile Command. She was a shot and killed by a hunter named Jerry in May 2017 during the hunter assault led by Sam Winchester.