- Dean: Being a hunter, it means living a life of sacrifice-- not a lot of room for dreams. But you open your heart and get a little lucky, you'll find you gain more than you lose.
- "Hard Times Come Again No More" by Louden Swain with Jake Etheridge
- (the song Jericho performs at the bar)
- "Rebel" by John Moran (KPM)
- (plays as Carlos and Lata head out to Kansas City)
- "Little Angel" by Marcel Riesco
- (playing as Carlos chats with the bartender)
- "Thousand Watt Work-Out" by John Moran (KPM)
- (playing while Lata finds sigils in Brock's dressing room; also played in 12.05 The One You've Been Waiting For)
- "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" by Elton John
- (plays as the group fights with Loki)
- "Hard Times Come Again No More" by Louden Swain with Jojo Fleites
- (sung by Carlos at the end)
What is that smell?
Carlos: Mmm, the smell of stars being born.
Lata: You sure it's not stale beer and B.O.?
Pay your respects, okay? This is a cathedral.
You mean to tell me, my daughter's teaching family secrets to a son of a MOL man?
Millie: A mole man?
Samuel: Men of Letters, M-O-L. They're buried underground with all their books, while hunters are out there getting their hands dirty. Or worse.
And for the record, if it wasn't for my MOL man of a husband, you, your daughter and my son would all be dead by now.
Jericho: How is none of this fazing you?
Carlos: You asked me why I walked away. Helping people with weirdness like this is why.
John: I know I've only been hunting for five minutes, but she hasn't slept a good night since you've been gone. Least you could do is treat her more like a daughter and less like a soldier.
Loki: Oh, my sweet, little summer child, you will if you wanna save Jericho. You know, you have a very impressive résumé. "Love of modern dance." Useless. "Gifted typist." Now that's a skill. "Musician, hunter, hair model." Samesies. But what I don't see here is somebody who will just walk away.
Samuel: I'm thinking that a lot more changed than I realized. When I first met Carlos, he was a feral kid with a knack for hunting and getting into trouble, and Lata, she was terrified. She was content to read about what we do in the safety of the library. It's only been a few months since I've seen them, but now look at them.
John: Well, it's all because of Mary. She brought us together. She didn't get that from me.
Lata: Play some Sabbath! What? I'm more of a metal gal than all that folk stuff, to be honest.
John: I know this guy. This is the guy that gave me my dad's letter when I got back from Vietnam. Do you know him?
John: Then how is he in the background of one of your dad's photos?
I don't know. Who the hell is this guy?
Trivia & References
What happened got me thinking about the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- The Cuban Missile Crisis is the name given to events in 1962 when confrontation U.S. deployments of missiles in Italy and Turkey were matched by Soviet installing missiles in Cuba. The U.S. placed a naval blockade around Cuba. The to prevent the Soviets from bringing in more military supplies. For 13 days, a nuclear war between the superpowers seemed a real possibility. Eventually the U.S. and Soviet leaders came to a peace agreement with the Soviet removing the missiles and the US agreeing not to invade Cuba.
I heard tall tales of an Oppenheimer-- someone who found a way to nuke all these damn monsters, so that you could be free of all of this--forever. But you found the Akrida instead. I can't give you back all those years. But I'm your dad. I have to try.
- Robert Oppenheimer was an American scientist who lead the Manhattan project during the Second World War which developed the nuclear weapons used on Nagasaki and Hiroshima which killed a quarter of a million civilians and lead to ongoing issues with birth defects, cancer and miscarriages in the area.
who played Chuck
is part of the backing group during the performances with his band Louden Swain
. They were credited under their names from the Elastic Waste Band
which was the stage name of the band on the Convention circuit in 2013 and 2014 when they were dressed as a '70s band. Their Elastic Waste Band names were: Tango (Rob Benedict), Sweet Johnny Highpockets (Billy Moran), Sir Richard Furlong from England with not quite English accent with blond wig ass (Michael Borja) and Hot Karl (Stephen Norton). Louden Swain's Twitter account
added "We weren’t joking about @EWasteBand origin story. The circle is complete!"
Carlos' stage name was Rivers Gemini.
One of the sigils that Brock was researching is the anti-possession symbol
as seen when Lata is doing research on the various sigils.
I was playing this dive bar at Nashville. There was a suit. He bought me a couple drinks after the show, and then he asked me what I would give to have the kind of music that shook people's souls.
- Richard Speight (Loki) was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee.
The scene where Carlos smashes Loki's guitar is reminiscent of a scene from the Supernatural
episode 14.20 Moriah
Of course, Mr. Campbell.
Samuel: Samuel's fine.
John: Thanks, Sam.
Samuel: Samuel is fine.
- This exchange is a callback to Supernatural when Sam Winchester would correct people who would call him Sammy.
When Mary and John develop some photos Samuel has taken of sites where he thinks the Akrida Queen may be hiding, one photo includes a man that John recognizes as the one who had given him the letter from Henry. In Samuel's picture, Dean can be seen climbing into the Impala. The image used is a screencap from the episode 6.09 Clap Your Hands If You Believe...
Samuel advises Mary and John to get a tattoo to prevent them being taken over by the Akrida, similar to the anti-possession symbol which Sam, Dean and others got as a tattoo to stop demon possession.
The episode aired on January 24, 2023. This is Dean Winchester's 44th birthday and also the final week of filming for Season 1 of The Winchesters
joined the cast for a celebration and live-tweeting. During the evening, they called Richard Speight
to explain whether it was Loki or Gabriel in the episode. (It was Gabriel disguised as Loki).
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts